The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I'm glad the media are starting to give the manager and owner the attention they both deserve.

Won't really matter for a few reasons. It wont last and it wont matter to Lerner what the press think of the shambles he has presided over. The person who has put the most pressure on Lambert since he arrived here was Mourinho yesterday.

think Mourinho reads Villatalk?

I'm glad the media are starting to give the manager and owner the attention they both deserve.

Won't really matter for a few reasons. It wont last and it wont matter to Lerner what the press think of the shambles he has presided over. The person who has put the most pressure on Lambert since he arrived here was Mourinho yesterday.

I'll hazard a complete guess and say no..

Ha ha, I see what you did there :D

Ha ha, I see what you did there :D
He deserves an Oscar for that!

The latest package of tv rights is set to sell for £4.5billion, a 45% increase on the last tv deal

Wonder if that is enough to tempt any potential buyers

Edited by Jimzk5

The latest package of tv rights is set to sell for £4.5billion, a 45% increase on the last tv deal

I don't think we want a buyer that is buying a club to make a profit (like Mike Ashley). We want a buyer that's richer than most countries and is just looking for a toy he can play with (like Abramovich).

I don't think we want a buyer that is buying a club to make a profit (like Mike Ashley). We want a buyer that's richer than most countries and is just looking for a toy he can play with (like Abramovich).
This isn't possible any more though, is it!? Not under the UEFA FFP rules or the PL FFP rules.

The Sheikh Mansour MK II dream is totally over.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

If someone as rich as the Man CIty owner's bought us I'm sure they'd find away around FFP. Put it this wayl, I wouldn't like said hypothetical owners to purchase another team because I've a good feeling what will happen despite the rules, money talks.

This isn't possible any more though, is it!? Not under the UEFA FFP rules or the PL FFP rules.

Nope, not at all.

It can happen, but the transfer dealings need to be discreet. Or do a Chelsea and keep selling for a profit on players who were a bit part.

Nope, not at all.

It can happen, but the transfer dealings need to be discreet. Or do a Chelsea and keep selling for a profit on players who were a bit part.

Or like Chelsea buy all th b est young players then loan them out to cover the wages then sell on for a profit /promote to first team.

• Like 1

It's still possible.

However that Chelsea situation probably needs looking at, some of the deals there raise an eyebrow in a bad way. I have a feeling it isn't completely black and white.

I think big clubs sell players to each other for inflated fees, in order to get around the FFP ruling.

It's still possible.

However that Chelsea situation probably needs looking at, some of the deals there raise an eyebrow in a bad way. I have a feeling it isn't completely black and white.

I think big clubs sell players to each other for inflated fees, in order to get around the FFP ruling.

That means they must also be buying from each other for inflated fees and ruining their FFP balance sheets.

It's still possible.

That means they must also be buying from each other for inflated fees and ruining their FFP balance sheets.

United can spend 100m, they buy from Madrid for 60m, who buy from Bayern for 50m, who buy from Barca for 40m.

Next time, Madrid use their budget to buy from Man City, who buy from Barca, who buy from United.

Each year there are one or two major transfers from the 'rich clubs' to each other, on inflated fees (Di Maria for example, next will be Bale to Man United and then a man United high earner to another rich club).

i Have a feeling it will be more like £5-6 billion, sky will be scared having lost champions league football, would meen £100million+ a season,add into that discovery have plenty of clout and now own espn and google wanting some sport on prime. Even the poorest prem club would be in top 30 richest clubs in world 

Edited by walesavfc

This sell players to each other for inflated fees theory is all well and good if you're already at the top table. We are not and I doubt any of the established teams would allows us there either.

In order replicate what Man City or Chelsea have done, you'd need to spend huge sums of money on fees and wages thus running a club, initially, into huge losses. You can't do that these days because there are rules preventing you from generating such losses. Mansour ploughed money into the playing side of things knowing he had a head start on the FFP monitoring periods. Any newcomer with similar ideas would not have that luxury.

You can't even add to your wage bill by more than£4M per year unless that money comes from non-TV revenue streams.

There might be other ways of gate crashing the top four, but like I said - doing a Mansour is over.

I refuse to believe that it's not possible to get there, but clearly it's going to be a long path (or a journey, to use a Foxism), and it will require a lot of good decisions being made throughout the club, much better decisions than we have been making under Lerner's tenure to date. 

I like Fox though. Maybe it's because he's a slick talker but he seems to talk sense, to me at least. 

Â