Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Demitri_C

Would love to feel positive about it but i just can't see us not conceding at least 1 most likely 2 goals & i just cannot see our inconsistent forwards scoring enough. Even a 4-2 win after extra time would still put us out on away goals & i really cannot see any way for this lot to score 5 goals. Bradford are quite strong defensively too. Going on our shots to goals ratios we'd need to create around 30 chances to score 5 & that's on a good day :unsure:

No offence to Bradford but they aren't strong defensively at all, they've have lost both of the games they have played since beating us, 4-1 to Crewe and 2-1 to Oxford. The only way they will win this is if we play completely poor again, 10 squids on a Benteke brace

Edited by samjp26

Nervously excited about this one tonight... Got to go for them early as an early goal coul knock the stuffing from them.. I fully expect them to sit back try to hit us on the break...

Plastic flag will be thrown away, why oh why do they do it..

cheers, shame that! 2 - 0 at 90 mins winning is a hell of a lot better than 2 - 0 going into extra time :(

As we are not going to keep a clean sheet this won't be a concern! In fact it's probably better for us that they don't count until ET as it's more likely to be 4-2 than 2-0!

We need to avoid hoof ball at all costs.

When we kept the ball on the floor of that first 20/30 mins we were fine but once we concede and started hoofing it was game over.

They're used to that side of the game an deal with it all night long.

Got to use the fact our players are better to our advantage and play our own game.

None of that midfield 3 are CMs. Would be torn apart. Agree with playing 3 in the middle though

I see your point but Ireland is a CM. Warnock is not but has experience of being a DCM. NZogbia is in there because I wanted to be attacking. They are imo the best 3 options as Bannan, Herd and Delph are terrible, terrible football players.

If Bradford concede early, they'll crumble. Their keeper had safe hands in the first leg, but pretty much everything went down his throat. This time could be different...very different.

The deciding factor, though, could still be the crowd. It will be totally on top for Bradford from the off. Nerves and the extreme volume of noise going up from a full VP could prove the undoing of them.

We need all four sides of the ground standing and everyone, even those of you who choose not to sing usually, to give the lads our vocal backing tonight for 90 minutes.

I watched the Blackburn Villa-Park semi last night and we were loud, but only on occasions and we STILL let how the team was playing on the pitch determine how vocal we were. We can get away with that against a poorly supported club like Blackburn. We cannot do that tonight! Bradford have almost 7,000 fans and will be singing all night long - they have nothing to lose - this is their cup final tonight and they are well up for it!!

We need to forget the negative thoughts, and forget anything else that has happened this season. We need to drown out the Bradford fans and inspire and roar our lads on to victory - whatever course the game chooses to take. The Holte and lower north will all stand - we need the Trinity and Doug to follow suit and create a hostile atmosphere like Bradford did at VP.

We have 90 minutes to turn this around. 90 minutes to make a difference. That difference could be the fine line between another Wembley cup final, or not. It could even be the fine line between turning our season around, or not.

I hope every Villa fan inside that ground tonight chooses to make a difference. If they do, we have a bloody good chance. Come on the Villa boys!

• Like 2