Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Demitri_C

Can't wait for tonight, I ay at work because of weather and I'm just watching clock tick away, I'm so confident but I've got this little green monster inside me that's saying we'll **** it up by conceding early, the atmosphere will be special tonight just hope the performance is, how far is it from a sell out now?

i remember the bolton one, i live in somerset so drove up dragging a couple of mates, got stuck behind a broken down bus on the aston flyover bit so got to the ground a minute before kick off, got to turnstyle and realised in my rush i'd ripped off the side bit of the ticket and thrown it in the bin by the A38 roundabout with the envelope so had to leg it back, missed hitz's free kick and then watched from upper north as mccann commited career suicide. ivan campo was egging him on all the way and he fell for it. absolute sickening feeling.

anyway, onwards and upwards tonight - we'll get four, dont know how many they will but i think we'll absolutely batter them or draw. cant wait.

The key man tonight is gabby. If he is up for it he can cause havoc

Make us proud lads lets do this!

Definitely!

Benteke is up for it too so it seems from his interview, I'd opt for those two + N'Zogbia like the WBA game. Not sure if Bent's heart would be in it enough to start.

Unholy row: Aston Villa boss Lambert slams Bradford-supporting vicar before Cup semi

Clergyman Paul Deo's joke over League Two side's PA after their first leg triumph about fans booking their London hotels for the final sparks anger

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert will look for divine inspiration in the Capital One Cup - after getting into an unholy row with a vicar.

Clergyman Paul Deo was on League Two Bradford’s public address mic in their 3-1 semi-final, first-leg win over Villa and could not resist a few cheeky comments at the defeated Premier League side’s expense.

He even suggested Bantams fans may want to consider booking hotel rooms for the final at Wembley next month. And, ahead of the second leg tonight at Villa Park, Lambert says the comments may come back to haunt Deo and Bradford.

Lambert replied: ”It’s disrespectful to do that. But football’s got a great habit of kicking you somewhere.

"Maybe you can understand him getting carried away, because it was their big moment.

“It was their home game, but it’s disrespectful to do that to other teams. We’ll see what happens after this game.

“This will be a different ball game.

"We had a lot of chances at Bradford – I don’t think we will miss as much this time.”

But Deo, vicar of Christ Church in Heworth, said: “There was absolutely no disrespect meant.

“It was never meant to sound like some sort of jibe, and there was no intention to be in any way smug or overconfident.

“What I said was, though the tie was far from over, Bradford fans ‘could be forgiven for having a look at hotel rooms in London’.

“It was all simply part of the feeling of that amazing sense of almost-unbelievable celebration – little Bradford City actually have the chance to play at Wembley in a major final!

”It was certainly not intended to be in any way disrespectful to Aston Villa or to Paul Lambert.

”If it came over that way, then I can only apologise.”

Sounds like Lambo and the players should be well motivated tonight.

Definitely!

Benteke is up for it too so it seems from his interview, I'd opt for those two + N'Zogbia like the WBA game. Not sure if Bent's heart would be in it enough to start.

This is a completely different proposition than West Brom.For a start I expect Bradford to sit deep and try and hit us on the counter. Unlike the West Brom game we will not be able to exploit the speed of our front 3 against a team who (quite rightly) park the bus. We will end up relying on creating chances in front of their back four so we will be looking at quality delivery and finishing as our main threat.Giving this I would strongly consider starting Bent and including Ireland at some stage. The last time we went at a team and won was Tranmere. This will be twice as difficult.

"If" by Rudyard Kipling

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

"If" by Rudyard Kipling

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Have you been watching Mike Bassett?

Can't wait for tonight, I ay at work because of weather and I'm just watching clock tick away, I'm so confident but I've got this little green monster inside me that's saying we'll **** it up by conceding early, the atmosphere will be special tonight just hope the performance is, how far is it from a sell out now?

Pretty much sold out mate, just about to board my train from Southampton, can't wait, gonna be a special atmosphere.

Yes indeed last night before bed! I would have posted a YouTube link, however I'm at work and the sound doesn't work.

Haha, for what it's worth, I think we will be playing 4-4-****-2 tonight!