Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

If the top teams can put a total of 15 goals past us

And the bottom teams can put a total of 6 goals past us

Then my question is

Who the **** can we beat ?????

I am going for the same score as our last 2 games 1-3

Based on current form I'm not looking forward to this one. Always a tricky game and they seem more

up for the fight then we do at the moment.

We have a tough run of games that could see us ending up in the bottom three and out of both cups, all

before February.

Scrappy draw or another poor defeat :(

Not looking forward to this one bit. This match reminds me of the home defeat to Sunderland under Houllier for some reason, which did kickstart our January spending spree though. I hope we somehow pull this off, but if they beat us 4-1 last time, how the hell are we going to do any better with this defense playing even shittier?

Not looking forward to this one bit. This match reminds me of the home defeat to Sunderland under Houllier for some reason

Man i hope it isn't as bad as that game. I think that was the worst game I have ever seen Villa Park. We were shocking, terrible, clueless - and Sunderland were worse. Even so they still beat us!

Edited by hogso

The only way we are getting anything out of this is if we either outscore them or they have the same luck as Swansea, who could've been 3 or 4 ahead had it not been for near misses, Guzan and posts...

Our defensive frailties are there for all to see, every team knows exactly how to carve us open. Until we get Vlaar back or some more defenders we are going to see lots of goals...sadly, not for us.

Prediction? 0-2 or 1-3...whether we score or not there will be a 2 goal swing to Southampton

I'm pretty sure KEA is at the African Cup of Nations already. Left last week I believe.

Good, he's rubbish anyway from what i've seen, runs about a lot, but not much else.

I like what Czechlad suggested, going three upfront, Weimann, Gabby and possibly Darren Bent, give Benteke a rest, N'Zogbia in there aswell.

Southampton are as bad at the back as we are, but we've got much more firepower, just go for it.

We don't get 3 points here, and we're in big trouble.

Edited by CastleBromVilla

I'm pretty sure KEA is at the African Cup of Nations already. Left last week I believe.

If so, then put in westwood if he is healthy. Our midfield is really awful. We need a proper defensive mid. I like our forward options though. I think that and our goal keeping is our only strong points. We desperately need midfielders which Lambert is working on.