I don't think I can take another loss to a mediocre side

Come on lads 2-0 to Villa

---------------Guzan---------

Lowton. Clark Baker Stevens

--------Westwood Herd-------

Gabby ----------------NZogbia

-----------Weimann-----------

-------------Benteke------------

Had a cracking idea. Why dont the stewards pick 11 total strangers out of the crowd (they've got to be strangers to make it more realistic) kit em up and make them play ? They'll try harder for a start, Lambert won't be able to organise them, they'll play for free so Mandy Lerner cuts the wage bill and there is the same chance of getting a result so the crowd are probably happier. Its win win all round.

• Like 1

Someone in the media today (might have been Jeff Stelling) described this as the biggest game in our history.

I'm not buying that, but it could end up being a good chunk of a season where the difference between staying up and going down is in excess on £200m.

It's absolutely vital that we don't lose this and right now I don't have a great deal of confidence in that.

The defence is really frail and we are licking our wounds. We just have to try and out-score them at all costs.

People are saying 0-0 and horror show... I fancy this could actually be a 3-2 or 4-3 type of game.

I'll say 3-3 draw, Southampton to get a 94th minute equaliser.

Fonte is out dunno if thats good or bad, his replacement will probably come in and play a blinder.

If we can create a few chances and take an early one I think we may be alright. But I think Lambert, Puncheon and Ramirez will get a lot of joy Saturday, need Guzan to be at his best really. Bennett has to be dropped. Ireland in for Bannan and id even give Carruthers a runout.

Sad to say I can only see it being a case of the same old story

Someone in the media today (might have been Jeff Stelling) described this as the biggest game in our history.

I'm not buying that, but it could end up being a good chunk of a season where the difference between staying up and going down is in excess on £200m.

It's absolutely vital that we don't lose this and right now I don't have a great deal of confidence in that.

I am sure our biggest game in our History was in Rotterdam in 1982 was it not?

But no two guns about it Jeff does have a point that it is a very very important fixture for us that possibly could start to decide the fate of our season and our fate as a club dropping out of the 8 teams never relegated from the premier league, the money lost etc.

Save our season will not just happen with the next two games being miracle wins but the owner of this football club going out and signing Paul Lambert's first 6 names he wants on his transfer list no matter what it **** takes!

If Westwood and Vlaar are back i would play

Guzan

Lowton

Vlaar

Clark

Baker

Westwood

Delph

Weimann

N'Zogbia

Gabby

Benteke

If Vlaar and Westwood are not fit then....

Guzan

Lowton

Clark

Baker

Lichaj

N'Zogbia

Delph

Bannan

Ireland

Holman

Benteke