Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Thought id get this started ahead of the game tonight - so we instantly can start thinking about Saturday's crucial game! We need to avenge the embarrassing 4-1 win from St. Mary's - and it is simply a must win game (much like Wigan was too, but the less said about the Wigan game the better).

With Gabby, Bent, Nzogbia and hopefully Westwood returning to the side this could give us more strength for Saturday. (Hoping there's no new injuries after tonight) But it will no doubt be a very tough game. Need to keep Lambert, Rodriguez and Puncheon quiet as from what i've seen they seem to pull the strings for them. If Lallana is still out then id be pleased as he is a decent player.

A win here would be massive for us.

• Like 1

I am fairly optimistic about us this season really and have been fairly pragmatic about the results so far, but I dont mind admitting I am bricking it about this game

A win is a must for me as they are one of our direct rivals for the last place

QPR and Reading have gone as far as I am concerned despite the QPR win over Chelsea. The last place is up for grabs and while I think we will pull away it is wins against these type of teams we need to do that. For me this is bigger than the Reading win at home.

A win needed and a win I think we'll get. That will demoralise them as no doubt they are looking at this the same as we are. I have bad feelings for them as a club as well but mostly due to Matt Le Tossier.

Before matches, I try to remain positive and normally feel quite optimistic with my predictions in the match thread.

However, I am beginning to lose patience in this team now. They are simply not good enough.

Ok, we lost to Chelsea and Spurs heavily. Kind of accept it reluctantly..But our performances against Wigan at Home & Bradford tonight are bordering along embarassing.

Bennett is a waste of space at this club. I was all for giving this kid a chance, but my 5 yr old nephew could knock him off the ball. Bannan is hopeless and seems to enjoy running around in circles.

Our defence is worst than last year if that is possible. Warnock anyone? Better than what we have right now that's for sure. And why we didn't bring in two CB's in the Summer is beyond me. Add to the fact that now with Vlaar looking like he is never going to make a recovery soon enough, we desperately need leaders. But not one in sight....

To be carved open the way were were against a League Two side, who since beating Arsenal have lost 3 of the last five games is simply unacceptable.

This Saturday is make or break for these kids.....As if it wasn't already. Sink or swim. Lose, they will sink and fast.

I am going to predict a nervy 1-1 and that is me to blindly optimistic. My real prediction is 3-1 Saints.

Hopefully get a draw as I see no deals being done in time for new defenders in the line up.

If we lose, In my opinion, we'll go down. You cant afford to have teams like Southampton doing the double over you and expect to stay up.

Lambert really needs Vlaar and Dunne to get back from Injury asap.

Clear Southampton win by 2 or 3 goals. Lambert will sit there looking confused not doing anything as per usual. If Bennett is anywhere near Villa Park let alone playing I will be really pissed off!!

• Like 1

Clear Southampton win by 2 or 3 goals. Lambert will sit there looking confused not doing anything as per usual. If Bennett is anywhere near Villa Park let alone playing I will be really pissed off!!

You missed about Bannan aswell hopefully they go on a bender the night before and are too ill to play for a long time.

I usually post a line up I would like to see before every game in a match thread but I just don't know anymore.

Nobody on here, let alone our manager knows our best players in their best positions and the best XI. It's a complete lottery.

Team for me and it will suprise a few. (Going on people who I feel will be fit.

------------Given----------------

Lowton Hutton Baker Warnock

----------------Herd--------------

----Gabby------------N'Zog-----

-------------Ireland--------------

-----Benteke Weiman---------

Team I expect

------------Guzan----------------

Lowton Clark Baker Stephens

-------------KEA-----------------

----N'Zog----------Gabby-----

----------Holman-----------------

-----Benteke Weiman---------

Either way it's only looking like a hiding so i'm going for a win. :)

I don't envy the pressure the players will be under at home for this one...we'll see how they respond. Weimann is looking more and more like a natural leader, PL should give him the armband and have the team rally around him. Nothing else has worked.

I think southampton are a decent attacking team and will be dangerous from their midfield area and they also know where the net is but their shit at the back, last nights result has no influence on how I think we'll get on against the saints...we'll get draw at best but I can see them sneaking it 2.1