Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

I think we need Westwood and Holman in our midfield - the composure of Westwood alongside the industrious hustling of Holman will be important. Its usually our midfield battles where we come unstuck (which leads to a bombardment of pressure on our fragile defence).

Getting people back is vital, and the numbers back in training will give the squad a boost, add to the energy levels (a few have looked jaded recently) and give us options.

If we can get Vlaar back in the defense (even for 60 mins), Westwood back in CM, Holman providing energy (for 60 mins!), N'Zog creating, with Benteke finding a bit of form and Weimann keeping scoring, I think we are seriously stronger than we were over Xmas.

We need to make this match hell for them. Play like Greece when they won the EC for all I care. Pump the ball away and avoid conceding corners. Play Benteke long balls and let Andi feed off it like he's done so well this year. For once I'm actually confident that we'll score goals.

I can't be the only one to see that, yes our defence is awful (especially the full backs*) but it wouldn't hurt to have a little help from midfield. This doesn't have to be charging about like an idiot (I'm looking in your directions Holman and Delph) just being in the right places and getting in the way. Dodgy full backs, Benteke and Weimann seem a half decent partnership with a couple of goals, all points to a 4-4-2 for me.

Guzan

Stevens

Clark

Vlaar - if at all possible

Lowton - *who has actually looked a half decent purchase

Westwood - sitting

Ireland - for a bit of experience and also works harder than people give him credit for

Nzog - wide left, politely ask him if he could maybe track back (cant believe this guy started out as a left back)

Holman - wide right

Benteke And Weimann.

2-1 to us, fairly late on MOTD, Hansen looks bored and tired and declares us safe.

• Like 1

From Sky:

But there is better news regarding defender Ron Vlaar. The Dutchman trained on Thursday and is available for selection again.

Thank word removed for that.

Edited by magnkarl

Can't see him being match fit after over a month out, but please please let Vlaar start. Need some experience in that backline, not to mention the fact he's twice the player of Clark/Baker. Keep faith with CNZ, I've seen signs of improvement lately. Westwood back in the midfield is a definite improvement on Bannan/Delph/any other trash.

If we concede first, we will most likely lose.

If we score first, but then they equalise we may still go on to lose.

If we score first then score the second we will win.

Have you ever heard the phrase '2-0 and you **** it up'. We've done it before.

------------Guzan------------

Lowton Vlaar Clark Baker

----------Westwood---------

Nzog-----Holman----Gabby

----Weimann Benteke----

Unless Vlaar isn't fit (I wouldn't play him just to appease fans because I don't want that injury recurring), in which case move Baker back to the centre and put Bennett at LB. I think Bennett will start anyway though. It is a shame Herd is out for me, I would have had him sat next to Westwood instead of Holman in there.

Feel a bit more confident after hearing that Vlaar, Holman and Westwood might be back, our squad looks a bit less like that of a pub team's with those three in it. I still think we'll lose though, oh the joys of being a Villa fan at the moment.

Is it true that Saints are missing Lallana and Ramirez tomorrow?

Feel a bit more confident after hearing that Vlaar, Holman and Westwood might be back, our squad looks a bit less like that of a pub team's with those three in it. I still think we'll lose though, oh the joys of being a Villa fan at the moment.

Is it true that Saints are missing Lallana and Ramirez tomorrow?

If Lallana is out, that helps. He tore us a new one last time. Him and Puncheon both.

Edit: Checked and they are definitely without Lallana, Fonte, and Mayuka

Edited by LockStockVilla