Best and Worst Xmas Songs

bickster

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

One of my faves

My granddaughted has a cuddly toy dinosaur that plays that on repeat. Her mom was not impressed with it on the morning after her office Christmas party. 

I love all Christmas songs. Really do. Love them all. Even warming to Coldplays Christmas Lights. My favourite though is the under played Hey Mr Christmas by Showaddywaddy. 

I have had a bottle of wine. 

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I love all Christmas songs. Really do. Love them all. Even warming to Coldplays Christmas Lights. My favourite though is the under played Hey Mr Christmas by Showaddywaddy. 

I have had a bottle of wine. 

Its not the wine that is doing that to you, it's the Pull McCarthorse albums :mrgreen:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Its not the wine that is doing that to you, it's the Pull McCarthorse albums :mrgreen:

I was listening to an interview with Questlove on the radio the other day where they were discussing Christmas songs and he said his all time favorite is McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmastime.”   WTAF?  That song alone is almost enough to turn me full Bickster on McCartney, and I actually quite like him otherwise.

16 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Nothing worse than walking into a shop on the 4th of December and they are blaring out annoying Xmas tunes. 

Yes there is. Walking into a shop on the 4th of September and they are blaring out annoying Xmas tunes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I was listening to an interview with Questlove on the radio the other day where they were discussing Christmas songs and he said his all time favorite is McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmastime.”   WTAF?  That song alone is almost enough to turn me full Bickster on McCartney, and I actually quite like him otherwise.

As I remember reading somewhere, the lyrics describe a Satanic ritual being conducted at Christmas, before being interrupted by people walking into the room and the satanists having to cover up what they're doing.

The moon is right
The spirits up
We’re here tonight
And that’s enough

Simply having a wonderful Christmastime
Simply having a wonderful Christmastime

Although I believe moon might well be mood, which works less well. The internet seems to be undecided. 

• 10 months later...
Â