Best and Worst Xmas Songs

bickster

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Mostly fun for hearing none-more-establisment Sir Reg describing Michael Heseltine as a Representative for Wellingborough.

Gary Barlow and Rick Astley on backing vocals. 

This is from the Billy Elliot musical, and I'm surprised the Tory press didn't make more of it and have a go at EJ. 

After Margaret Thatcher died in 2013, according to director Stephen Daldry, the audience were given the choice to decide whether the song "Merry Christmas, Maggie Thatcher" would be included in the performance that day, since the lyrics include the sentence: "We all celebrate today 'cause it's one day closer to your death". As only three audience members voted against it, the performance went ahead as usual.

Wikipedia

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This is from the Billy Elliot musical, and I'm surprised the Tory press didn't make more of it and have a go at EJ. 

I can only assume they had no interest in a load of woke, lefty rubbish about a boy wanting to be a dancer and are thus completely unaware of its existence. 

55 minutes ago, bickster said:

My family will be forced to listen to this at Xmas, it’s the new Slade

if your family need a witness in their subsequent murder trial , I'll vouch for them that you systematically tortured them all over the Christmas period  

• Like 1

Â