Best and Worst Xmas Songs

bickster

Actually, VT can help settle an argument I'm having with the missus at the moment;

FGTH's 'The Power Of Love' is a Christmas song, is it not? :suspect:

It's not really a xmas song imo and HJ wasnt pleased at the time that it was marketed as such, but due to the video nativity scenes and being No.6 on xmas day 1984, its regarded by some as an xmas song. At least it's one of the few xmas songs you can play anytime of the year.

• Thanks 1

• 9 years later...

A pretty underlooked song this one, as far as I know never released as a single. Seems very gentle and pristine on the surface but apparently the lyrics are about a man who died and got covered in snow and some children found him and started playing with him like a snowman, and possibly even might have broken him apart ... all very macabre and typically dark and weird.

I like it though, it has such a nice melody.

You may be surprised to know that I bloody HATE Bob Dylan's "Christmas in the Heart" album. 

But for those of you who consider Chris Rea's "Driving Home For Christmas" rather too jolly and cheerful, try his earlier stab at a Christmas song: 

15 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Think every single LadBaby song has been utter shite and I’m baffled how they always make number 1

Made up for them. It’s about time an act more talented broke the record for most consecutive Xmas number ones

• Haha 3

The missus has one of the commercial Xmas radio stations on, and so I've heard most of them on rotation several times a day. One of the worst more recent ones is the Leona Lewis abomination. Terrible.

• Like 1

If you wanted to be more decadent and treat yourself, you can add bone marrow, pork crackling, bubble & squeak, pork pie, a huge pork chop and and home made baked beans to make a really traditional and decadent English breakfast feast for a group of people.

WTAF!

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Think every single LadBaby song has been utter shite and I’m baffled how they always make number 1

I know its for Charidy but it really really **** annoys me. 

I had a spell of being around Mark Hoyle professionally, pre-ladbaby for a couple of years, and I can confirm he's a massive word removed.

Add on to that him earning extraordinary amounts of money off the back of this charity, his disgusting comments about "the best thing you can do to support those in need is buy my record", and him being filmed groping an unwelcoming woman in a local bar...yeah. **** hate the prick.

Thinking of bringing out my own Christmas single next year; "you can shove your sausage roll up your arse".

• Thanks 2

Â