U.S. Politics

maqroll

15 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Things that are known to have been brought onto the grounds are:

Assault rifles

Petrol bombs

Pipe Bombs (confirmed now as viable exlplosives)

How much of a cuck is Mike Pence?  Trump sent a mob to his place of work with the intention of stringing him up by the neck and he still won't do the 25th Amendment.

Also Pelosi is there making statements about worrying that Trump might try to nuke someone and is just going to head off home for the weekend having done sweet FA about it.  Where is the urgency from these people?  Am I crazy thinking that they don't seem to realise how close they came to something way more significant?

Her caucus has drafted impeachment papers and are expediting the process to come to a vote by midweek. In the meantime Pence is avoiding their calls for him to trigger the 25A. They are hamstrung.

Loss of USCP Officer Brian D. Sicknick

January 7, 2021 
Press Release

SICKNICK%2CBRIAN.jpg?itok=2UAVA1e2

At approximately 9:30 p.m. this evening (January 7, 2021), United States Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick passed away due to injuries sustained while on-duty. 

Officer Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol and was injured while physically engaging with protesters.  He returned to his division office and collapsed.  He was taken to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.  The death of Officer Sicknick will be investigated by the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch, the USCP, and our federal partners. 

Officer Sicknick joined the USCP in July 2008, and most recently served in the Department’s First Responder’s Unit. 

The entire USCP Department expresses its deepest sympathies to Officer Sicknick’s family and friends on their loss, and mourns the loss of a friend and colleague. 

We ask that Officer Sicknick’s family, and other USCP officers’ and their families’ privacy be respected during this time.

https://www.uscp.gov/media-center/press-releases/loss-uscp-colleague-brian-d-sicknick

If Trump is impeached he can't run for President again can he?  I think Republicans will be lining up to help the Democrats as they must be terrified that he runs again and becomes their candidate, thus guarantee another election defeat, or run as an independent and scoop up loads of their votes, guaranteeing another election defeat.  I believe a President removed by the 25th amendment can run again can't they?

Edited by sharkyvilla

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I really really really really really really really really really really hope the idiots that stole Pelosi's laptop, decide to turn that shit on and they are able to track it. Shit would be funny

Did they actually steal the laptop 😮 

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If Trump is impeached he can't run for President again can he?  I think Republicans will be lining up to help the Democrats as they must be terrified that he runs again and becomes their candidate, thus guarantee another election defeat, or run as an independent and scoop up loads of their votes, guaranteeing another election defeat.  I believe a President removed by the 25th amendment can run again can't they?

He's already been impeached hasn't he?

7 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

He has, but not removed as a result. There is a wording in the articles of impeachment preventing the person from running for office again if convicted by both houses, which they didn't use last time. And he wasn't convicted last time, so it wouldn't have applied had they used the necessary wording.

5 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Depends what you mean by impeached. Impeachment is actually the process of bringing the case to Congress iirc. In that instance, yes he has. The impeachment, however failed, so no he hasn't if you follow?

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I really really really really really really really really really really hope the idiots that stole Pelosi's laptop, decide to turn that shit on and they are able to track it. Shit would be funny

There is absolutely going to be a Seth Rogen / James Franco film in 2023 about the comic pratfalls involved in the stealing of, and attempted disposal of that laptop.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

I bet loads of those “protesters” have been telling tales about how they walked in and walked out like bosses, probably bragging on the internet and in WhatsApp groups too. 
It’ll be great when the FBI knock their doors, take away all their computers and they are sent to jail for 10 years and they cry like babies in the dock. That’ll be a fun day.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I bet loads of those “protesters” have been telling tales about how they walked in and walked out like bosses, probably bragging on the internet and in WhatsApp groups too. 
It’ll be great when the FBI knock their doors, take away all their computers and they are sent to jail for 10 years and they cry like babies in the dock. That’ll be a fun day.

I really hope they do.  It's actually an ideal way of making inroads into some of these nutty fringe communities.  There was a post earlier about how (pre Trump) security forces had identified many of these groups as the biggest domestic threat to America.  But these kinds of people usually sail close to the wind but don't actually do anything that could be proved in Court. 

If they can pin them as being part of a mob committing terrorism it's something to pin on them and throw the book. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wonder if any of them bragged about knocking a police officer over the head with a fire extinguisher? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I really hope they do.  It's actually an ideal way of making inroads into some of these nutty fringe communities.  There was a post earlier about how (pre Trump) security forces had identified many of these groups as the biggest domestic threat to America.  But these kinds of people usually sail close to the wind but don't actually do anything that could be proved in Court. 

If they can pin them as being part of a mob committing terrorism it's something to pin on them and throw the book. 

They are probably stupid enough to think that Trump would keep them out of jail.

Â