U.S. Politics

maqroll

Considering the tweet barrage we've had to endure from him for the last 4+ years before twitter took the first action in locking his account, the two tweets that have resulted in his permanent removal are pretty tame. Now they're deleting tweets he makes from his official account as well, Donny must be livid.

As funny as him getting banned from twitter is, it seems to have overshadowed that he;s going to be impeached, again...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55596325

US Democrats plan to introduce an article of impeachment against President Donald Trump for his role in Wednesday's invasion of the US Capitol.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she would move forward with impeachment if Mr Trump did not resign immediately.

And given he basically lost the GOP the senate out of spite, pissed of a lot of the GOP senators and the fact they can use it as a "**** you buddy" on his way out, there's a much better chance of it working this time.

11 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It's a very serious issue to me. My son. will go to school soon in a state that has had 3 of the worst mass school shootings in history. Should I teach him how to shoot and cary a weapon at 4 years old?

I wouldn't worry so much. It's mostly spontaneous Karate riots that break out these days.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

As funny as him getting banned from twitter is, it seems to have overshadowed that he;s going to be impeached, again...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55596325

And given he basically lost the GOP the senate out of spite, pissed of a lot of the GOP senators and the fact they can use it as a "**** you buddy" on his way out, there's a much better chance of it working this time.

Successful impeachment requires 2/3rd of the votes in the Senate. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure I see 16 GOP senators joining hands with the Dems to convict Trump, not unless Trump does more dangerous stuff during his remaining days in office.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I asked you if you wanted to ban guns for the general public and you said "stop being silly." For me, that is not silly.

Then you tell me I know I am silly?!?!?!

I believe we should get all guns out of peoples hands. If militias et al. refuse. Arrest them. I don't care about Waco happening again. Go in and shut these right wing idiotic militias down. They don't want to live with the majority of society great! go and live in the woods - you just can't have guns and automatic weapons to come into our communities and kill our loved ones. And half nut jobs who want an arsenal at home can't have it. Sorry - no guns at Walmart anymore.

Why should my family risk being shot by some idiot? I'm deadly serious - not being silly. Australia did it after a mass shooting. That "my right, Amurica freedom is total bullshit." Get the weapons out of the hands of the idiots. Thats not stupid or silly - thats sensible.

It's a very serious issue to me. My son. will go to school soon in a state that has had 3 of the worst mass school shootings in history. Should I teach him how to shoot and cary a weapon at 4 years old?

I believe USA should have a gun law similar to the UK.  But I can also appreciate the “Freedom” argument.  

Taking guns away is likely to cause widespread conflict and deaths.  But why not start with much simpler and easier methods?  Why not place huge taxes and import duties on ammunition and the related components of ammunition?  

For an average Joe who genuinely keeps a gun for protection and fires of a few rounds a week it wouldn’t be too much hardship. 

What does Google and Apple suspending Parler mean? Does that just stop people downloading it or does it mean it literally stops working then and there on people's phones? 

It's clear that a hell of a lot of things have been allowed to let slide because of the power of Trump which are now going to be stamped down on. 

You can bet that a social media app that allows all these right wing extremists spout their bollocks unfettered will also be used by other much darker groups as well so I have no doubt this is a good thing. 

The complete irony of right wingers moaning about their freedom of speech being removed when they will be the first to stamp down on anything anti their views. 

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I asked you if you wanted to ban guns for the general public and you said "stop being silly." For me, that is not silly.

Then you tell me I know I am silly?!?!?!

I believe we should get all guns out of peoples hands. If militias et al. refuse. Arrest them. I don't care about Waco happening again. Go in and shut these right wing idiotic militias down. They don't want to live with the majority of society great! go and live in the woods - you just can't have guns and automatic weapons to come into our communities and kill our loved ones. And half nut jobs who want an arsenal at home can't have it. Sorry - no guns at Walmart anymore.

Why should my family risk being shot by some idiot? I'm deadly serious - not being silly. Australia did it after a mass shooting. That "my right, Amurica freedom is total bullshit." Get the weapons out of the hands of the idiots. Thats not stupid or silly - thats sensible.

If you son isn’t proficient in small arms and semi automatic assault weapons by the age of 4 I believe you’ve already let him down. Next you’ll be telling us he can’t use a rocket launcher in defence of his right of freedom of speech to stop people speaking who have a different opinion. Seriously what’s happened to America?

Its about time we bombed some democracy into them and protect those oil fields.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What does Google and Apple suspending Parler mean? Does that just stop people downloading it or does it mean it literally stops working then and there on people's phones? 

I believe it means that they won't appear in the Apple or Google store for download. The app itself will still work

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, legov said:

Successful impeachment requires 2/3rd of the votes in the Senate. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure I see 16 GOP senators joining hands with the Dems to convict Trump, not unless Trump does more dangerous stuff during his remaining days in office.

Or enough of them see the benefit in the articles stating that he can't hold office again.

It's not difficult to see certain benefits for an ambitious Republican senator in Trump being prevented from a 2024 run.

16 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Or enough of them see the benefit in the articles stating that he can't hold office again.

It's not difficult to see certain benefits for an ambitious Republican senator in Trump being prevented from a 2024 run.

You would like to think they see danger in him. 

Whilst he's managed to energize enormous support he's also alienated so much of the rest of the population that they've lost by a landslide number of States, some which never swing have and they've also lost the senate. 

He's basically lost them everything whilst bringing huge disrepute and danger to the party and the country as a whole. 

If they had any sense that would seize the moment to rid themselves of him and try to reset with a new leader and new approach. 

A lot of the commentary in the election was about Republican support in the main being rural, older and not college educated.  People were saying a lot of States which didn't swing this time may be primed to next time as younger voters come into the system and more college educated people move into different parts of the country. 

Especially after the riots you would think they would want to purge themselves of Trumpism, but as we all know politicians are never very good at the big picture and considering which leader is most likely to get them into power. 

It may also be too many of them are still scared of the tyrannical regime will still hold sway and if they put the knife in now they will pay later. 

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

I believe it means that they won't appear in the Apple or Google store for download. The app itself will still work

Until it needs an update from the store presumably? 

You will still be able to access the site directly from your web browser though. 

Â