U.S. Politics

maqroll

15 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Most notably he was guy heading up the legal case for crack down on the Mafia in New York in the early 80s, which pretty much made his career.

A crack down that allowed a certain other mob to move in no less.

Donald Trump and the Mob - WSJ

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Wait, wait @villakram  So you are suggesting:

1: A complete psychological review of all armed service personnel and active  police force officers.

2: A complete ban on all guns in the US

3. A far more robust and affordable healthcare system?

This is what I infer from your somewhat unclear comment. 

Infer or project, the eternal puzzle of the human mind.

1: Some of that would certainly be a help given the fundamentally traumatic nature of the job. Or for the money minded, think of the costs of all the VA and disability checks required for vets, plus various services required for the homeless, and this is before the imaginary economist dollars all those people would have contributed to our precious GDP before being broken. They all have friends and families too. their victims are, I believe the term is, collateral damage. 

2: Not possible, so stop being silly. Mandate insurance for gun owners. A ban on certain classes of automatic weapons would also have a lot of support in society. Ban that gunshow nonsense. Little support for this in congress.

3: Obviously.

It would be nice if you said something about the wonderful congress too.

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Just as well

Not shocked at all but disappointed as would’ve been great viewing - imagine the tirade of abuse Donny would’ve dished out if Obama did that to him though! 

utter coward and sore loser.

I just hope there are no scenes like the other day by his brain dead following on the 20th. 

• Like 2

Just now, theboyangel said:

Not shocked at all but disappointed as would’ve been great viewing - imagine the tirade of abuse Donny would’ve dished out if Obama did that to him though! 

I just hope there are no scenes like the other day by his brain dead following on the 20th. 

Also been an opportunity to "heal" the nation a bit. Something he of course has no interest in.

Fully expect Biden to be forced to rock up in Pope-mobile style to make sure his security. 

• Like 1

Worth reading: "The Five Crises of the American Regime"

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/american-crises-capitol-assault

"“In the past eight months, two Capitol Hills have fallen [Seattle and D.C.]. Two shocking events symbolize the abdication of authority by America’s ruling class, an abdication that has led to what can be described, not without exaggeration, as the slow-motion disintegration of the USA in its present form…Many Democrats claim that Republicans are destroying the republic. Many Republicans claim the reverse. They are both correct…. As a rule, comparisons between the US and Weimar Germany or late republican Rome are misleading, but when rival elite political factions tolerate or encourage mob violence in the streets, the comparisons might be forgiven.”"

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I have to say he reminds me of a guy in an action movie who would be the rich overconfident slime ball who tries to negotiate with the terrorists/villains/aliens to save his own neck at the expense of every around him but then gets killed by said terrorists/villains/aliens much to his surprise. 

I'm looking at you Harry Ellis out of Die Hard, but it's a feature of many such films.  He could play that role to an absolute Tee. 

Yep. He is a spoilt little cowardly puddle of sh*t.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I do hope they leave a chair out for him though, just to highlight his absence. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Parler makes for some entertaining reading this morning.

The MAGA/Q crowd are arguing among themselves over whether they have all been duped or whether there is a grand finale coming involving a military coup before the 20th. 

https://parler.com/profile/StormIsUponUs/posts

Words apparently don't mean anything:

A moving expression of pain that sums up this brief snapshot in history. When our deceived friends howled at the sky in 2016, their biggest fear was institutional homophobia. How different that was to the despair today confronting the inevitability of a rapid descent into globalist communo-fascism, erasure of hundreds of years of heritage and way of life, and a terrifying 3rd Reich-style ending in the fires of a fast-tracked global holocaust.

What in the everloving **** is this  :crylaugh: 

Every single intelligence agency on the planet had a chance to just stroll around and rifle through the drawers of the Capitol like Arthur Morgan looking for Kentucky Bourbon.

They could have planted anything they fancied too.

Pretty mind boggling too when it is was so blatantly predictable.

• Like 1

Things that are known to have been brought onto the grounds are:

Assault rifles

Petrol bombs

Pipe Bombs (confirmed now as viable exlplosives)

How much of a cuck is Mike Pence?  Trump sent a mob to his place of work with the intention of stringing him up by the neck and he still won't do the 25th Amendment.

Also Pelosi is there making statements about worrying that Trump might try to nuke someone and is just going to head off home for the weekend having done sweet FA about it.  Where is the urgency from these people?  Am I crazy thinking that they don't seem to realise how close they came to something way more significant?

2 hours ago, sne said:

Was also very well thought of after 9/11 before he became a plane crash of his own doing.

I've liked this post just to ruin your "20,000" likes and make it messy again.

You're welcome.

• Haha 1

Â