U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Parler makes for some entertaining reading this morning.

The MAGA/Q crowd are arguing among themselves over whether they have all been duped or whether there is a grand finale coming involving a military coup before the 20th. 

https://parler.com/profile/StormIsUponUs/posts

2 minutes of reading that guff is all I could take. 

14 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Parler makes for some entertaining reading this morning.

The MAGA/Q crowd are arguing among themselves over whether they have all been duped or whether there is a grand finale coming involving a military coup before the 20th. 

https://parler.com/profile/StormIsUponUs/posts

Well he had somewhat hung them out to dry there. 

Pretty much ordered them in and now says storming the Capitol was wrong and they should all be prosecuted.  I expect they are all a tad confused. 

I don't understand... Colonel Jessup said he ordered the Code Red.

What did we do wrong? We did nothing wrong!

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Police officer has died now.  Well done Donald.  You set your dogs loose and now one of those brilliant law and order officers you keep praising is dead. More blood on your hands. 

Edited by sidcow

49 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

How Trunp hasn’t been impeached and arrested is beyond me.

Presidents enjoy immunity from prosecution while in office, so that's why he hasn't been and won't be arrested.

In terms of impeachment, that also isn't going to happen because a] there's less than 2 weeks left before Biden's inauguration, b] moderate Democrats (inluding Biden) don't want to do it anyway, and c] Congress has gone on recess until after the inauguration.

I don't think there's any realistic prospect of any meaningful consequences for Trump, either before or after the inauguration. After Biden is sworn in, conventional wisdom will immediately become that nothing should happen because it is important to 'move on', 'heal', 'look forwards not backwards' etc etc.

• Like 2

Pretty much all the talk of action against Trump in his capacity as President is largely posturing and rhetoric at this point.

The 25th Amendment is a forlorn hope as it's effectively only useful in cases where the President is entirely incapacitated, and in any other situation it weighs so heavily on the side of the President it's unlikely to achieve anything. And even if it was pursued it'll take longer than 13 days to sort out. And it would open up a future Pandora's box as there's no real test or standard that has been set for what is 'fit' for the office.

And impeachment is a waste of time as it'll take longer than 13 days to undertake by which time Trump is out of office anyway.

And remarkably even if you decided to turbo charge impeachment you'd have a hard time proving that Trump was involved in any wrongdoing in what happened in Washington, because whilst he nudge nudge, wink wink encouraged it, he didn't actively say 'storm the building', which means he didn't do anything wrong in US law, apparently.

The hope for Trump now is that, when out of office, the chickens of his past wrongdoing come home to roost, and civilian charges are brought successfully.

But as a well connected rich man, even if not as well connected and rich as he would have you believe, he's unlikely to be punished, unfortunately.

• Like 2

this man is apparently a constitutional lawyer.  Why are free market capitalists always anti-free market capitalism when it affects them?

Edited by StefanAVFC

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Am I the only one struggling with tweets on here? Lately they stopped showing.

Just now, Seat68 said:

They load slowly but not massively. 

Certain adblockers can stop the tweets loading too.

34 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Behold! Hitler's bunker 2021 style! #gloria

If ever you needed evidence that this is exactly what they wanted and it was all planned. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If ever you needed evidence that this is exactly what they wanted and it was all planned. 

It's a video of them getting gee'd up for Trump to go on stage, not a video of them watching the riot happen. The Twitter caption is misleading. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â