U.S. Politics

maqroll

Just now, bobzy said:

Pretty alarming that a high-ranking police officer (assumed, tbh) can hold these views over what happened.

Even if you're a die-hard Republican, you've GOT to condemn last night properly.  Not whatever the **** this nonsense was.  Terrifying country, it really is.

He's probably had that speech sat in his drafts since last Summer .

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Pretty alarming that a high-ranking police officer (assumed, tbh) can hold these views over what happened.

He's a high ranking word removed, that's about it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

The FBI and so on will have a pretty difficult couple of months coming up.

Apart from any potential terror threats they will now have to try and round up all these people who where present at the attack. And you'd have to imagine that a lot of them will not just lay down their arms and surrender. A lot of them are likely militia members with tons of weapons and big issues against government.

There is a real chance we will see a bunch of Ruby Ridge, Waco and Montana Freemen situations 

I don't think you need to worry about this. Looking at tweets identifying those involved, they are not hardened militiamen but petits-bourgeois types who got carried away. I have seen a marketing executive, the owner of an IT firm, a lawyer and a real estate agent. I am very confident that they live in large houses in posh suburbs, not behind highly-armed barricades.

• Like 2

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think you need to worry about this. Looking at tweets identifying those involved, they are not hardened militiamen but petits-bourgeois types who got carried away. I have seen a marketing executive, the owner of an IT firm, a lawyer and a real estate agent. I am very confident that they live in large houses in posh suburbs, not behind highly-armed barricades.

The lawyer streaming live from Instagram had me at a loss for words. His poor clients.

• Like 1

Does he even concede in this ? Never mentions Biden and there is a really strange camera angle change the moment after he says Congress have confirmed the winner.

He ends by saying this is just the beginning which is hardly going to dampen his base either.   

There is still a lot of crazy to come I feel.

Don't for a moment think Trump and a variety of people haven't discussed making their association with armed militia groups more intimate on their way out the door and beyond.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Don't for a moment think Trump and a variety of people haven't discussed making their association with armed militia groups more intimate on their way out the door and beyond.  

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump retweeted General Flynn very soon.

The Q Anon crowd are adamant Trump is going to have Everybody arrested because Italy did it.

8 hours ago, sne said:

Isn't that what caused all these neo-nazis ending up with the police because they got kicked out of the army? Or was it the other way round?

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

I think there's a been a pipeline between the two for years.

7 hours ago, villakram said:

20yr wars do that to a society. Consequences.

Interesting that it is the members of congress who are acting to prohibit the removal of troops from active overseas duty. This is clearly representing the people of the United States, in a similar manner to their policies on gun control and healthcare amongst others.

Wait, wait @villakram  So you are suggesting:

1: A complete psychological review of all armed service personnel and active  police force officers.

2: A complete ban on all guns in the US

3. A far more robust and affordable healthcare system?

This is what I infer from your somewhat unclear comment. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump retweeted General Flynn very soon.

The Q Anon crowd are adamant Trump is going to have Everybody arrested because Italy did it.

America is totally ****. 4 years ago the Russians did it, now it's the Italians. A couple more elections (might be a tad generous there) and this reluctance to accept reality/defeat could end in civil war.

6 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Does he even concede in this ? Never mentions Biden and there is a really strange camera angle change the moment after he says Congress have confirmed the winner.

He ends by saying this is just the beginning which is hardly going to dampen his base either.   

There is still a lot of crazy to come I feel.

It’s probably as close to a concession there will ever be.

I think he has pushed this to the wire and to be honest it seems that he is doing this against his will if I am honest, to the extent of “if you don’t do this, we are going to kick you out before 20 Jan”. 

I suspect it might calm the more moderate of the fanatics, but I cannot see the most extreme to be deterred by this. 

16 hours ago, villianusa said:

I could say the same to you, but I’ll let it be revealed in due time.

My reply to my wife when I ate all the leftovers of the hot tikka masala in the fridge when she's questioning their whereabouts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â