U.S. Politics

maqroll

4 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I go full retard whenever I see numbers, you might as well have said that in German to me

Basically Trump gammon vote in the booths, Biden voters used postal because they listened to covid advice and weren’t anti mask bellends.

as a result the postal vote count done at the end was hugely Biden and very few trump. 

because trump voters don’t do postal because covid is fake abs postal votes are also fake. 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Can we just go back to the fact that it was VP Pence that deployed the DC National Guard, it seems to have been lost in all this. It's probably more important than anything I've seen happen since the building was cleared

If it was Pence who gave the order, surely that requires Trump to have been relieved of office in some shape or form.

Something has happened in the chain of command there.

They have been mentioning Section 25 or rather Twenty-fifth Amendment several times on CNN although not stating that it has happened yet.

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Some of these phone make it look more like a fun day out rather than a protest. Probably why police didn’t intervene as it could then get nasty. Let them have their fun and go home.   Then arrest the ones who got a little carried away.

They stormed the Capitol. There is no 'fun'. Only terrorism.

woman is dead, a civilian. Presumably one of the protesters. Charitably one could consider her to be a tragically misguided moron. Hopefully not one of the employees. 

blood on trumps hands though

Edited by Rodders

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

They stormed the Capitol. There is no 'fun'. Only terrorism.

Stormed the Capitol to take photos is hardly terrorism.  What they have done is pretty serious and they should be punished for it but let’s not go nuts about it.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

44 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I imagine Trump is counting on there being more fools like this to be honest . Won't be long before he's retweeting "It was Antifa" bollocks.

Like clockwork.

Eric dipping his toes in.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Stormed the capital to take photos is hardly terrorism.  What they have done is pretty serious and they should be punished for it but let’s not go nuts about it.

You know someone died right?

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

woman is dead, a civilian. Presumably one of the protesters. Charitably one could consider her to be a tragically misguided moron. Hopefully not one of the employees. 

F*ck.   Now they've got a martyr.

7 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Basically Trump gammon vote in the booths, Biden voters used postal because they listened to covid advice and weren’t anti mask bellends.

as a result the postal vote count done at the end was hugely Biden and very few trump. 

because trump voters don’t do postal because covid is fake abs postal votes are also fake. 

It's probably also important context that they only then came in in a big load at the end because the Republican legislature in those states refused to allow them to start counting early. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Can we just go back to the fact that it was VP Pence that deployed the DC National Guard, it seems to have been lost in all this. It's probably more important than anything I've seen happen since the building was cleared

If it was Pence who gave the order, surely that requires Trump to have been relieved of office in some shape or form.

Something has happened in the chain of command there.

Yep, talk of the 25th amendment being invoked now for the remaining couple of weeks until Biden takes charge.

Which is super interesting because now that Trump has thrown Pence fully under the bus you’d have to think it’s highly unlikely Pence will give Trump a presidential pardon for all of his various wrongdoings. 

I remember reading that it was likely or at least possible that Trump would step down early anyway so that Pence could take over and pardon him, in terms of the damage for Trump you’d have to think that today is significant, at this rate it could be highly damaging for his whole family too, and I really hope so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Video came up on twitter. Bunch of them breaking windows on a set of lock doors and smashing it in. She was the first to try and climb through and got shot, presumably by Capitol Security. 

• Thanks 1

Truly pointless waste of life.

But come on. If you stormed the Houses of Parliament with hundreds of others, you're running a risk, and that's here. Doing in the US, you must be mental.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Stormed the Capitol to take photos is hardly terrorism.  What they have done is pretty serious and they should be punished for it but let’s not go nuts about it.

Just the two explosive devices left inside that they've disarmed so far. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

You know someone died right?

Yeh I just heard.  Messed up. Shot by police ?

Maybe this is what they were trying trying to avoid? 

Anyway my comment was just on the photos I was seeing.   I don’t wanna get in to an argument about it. 

Â