U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

This, quoting a Republican congresswoman, is pathetic:

Look, one of two things can be true. Either the election was fair, in which case she has engaged in an anti-democratic charade, and whipped up lunatics to storm the capitol, leading to at least one death (of a very stupid person, but still). Alternatively, the election wasn't fair, but if that's the case you obviously can't just drop the issue because of a protest. If there really were a sabotaged election, you couldn't just now decide to wave it through and not mention it any more.

Of course we all know that the first is the truth. I guess the cos-playing got a bit too real when the blood started spilling, huh.

Kinda makes those stop the steal dolts look a bit silly really

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Every time I see American Police in action they look utterly incompetent. Can you imagine protesters getting away with that at Downing Street or Parliament? Not a bloody chance.

I always wondered how Eric Lassard  made it so high in the Police Force.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Kinda makes those stop the steal dolts look a bit silly really

Her problem is that she wants to holiday in this. She wants to be able to rile up the rubes a bit so that she doesn't get primaried in two years, but she wants to be able to turn it all off at her convenience.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way, because the dipshits who are storming the castle walls haven't grasped that this is just a game in which the McMorrises and Cruzes and Hawleys humour the dotard emperor and his brainless followers, without ever actually believing any of it. The protestors *do* believe it, passionately, and to be honest while I have scorn for the ease and willingness with which they allow themselves to be deceived, I have a mite of sympathy as well, because if the election really had been stolen in the manner claimed, then civil unrest would frankly be a reasonable response.

So any contempt I have for the protestors is far outweighed by the contempt for the likes of McMorris, lighting matches and then panicking when things start burning.

• Like 4

Â