U.S. Politics

maqroll

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He really really needs to look up the word proven in a dictionary doesn't he. 

Its about time Twitter changed that bit in red at the bottom to...

"This claim about election fraud is utter horseshit"

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its about time Twitter changed that bit in red at the bottom to...

"This claim about election fraud is utter horseshit"

quite... disputed, 96.4% of tweets are disputed!

Edited by villakram
and 69% of comments
  • Haha 1

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy of course but must be fun to be Mike Pence. Trump throwing him under the bus by pitching a false scenario to his followers that Pence would hold any power to influence things.

He's just there to look pretty, smile to the cameras and then sign his little signature. But enough people will believe it so it will likely seriously harm Pence's chances when/if he runs for Republican president candidate against Trump in 2024 .

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy of course but must be fun to be Mike Pence. Trump throwing him under the bus by pitching a false scenario to his followers that Pence would hold any power to influence things.

He's just there to look pretty, smile to the cameras and then sign his little signature. But enough people will believe it so it will likely seriously harm Pence's chances when/if he runs for Republican president candidate against Trump in 2024 .

Even if he did/does, the elector would have to be chosen fraudulently.  Something he has repeatedly failed to prove. 

Their executors can also execute people.  It doesn't mean they have free reign to walk down the road electrocuting people does it. 

He's just getting more and more irrational about the whole thing.  I do genuinely think he's got mental issues. 

Edited by sidcow

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Even if he did/does, the elector would have to be chosen fraudulently.  Something he has repeatedly failed to prove. 

Their executors can also execute people.  It doesn't mean they have free reign to walk down the road electrocuting people does it. 

He's just getting more and more irrational about the whole thing.  I do genuinely think he's got mental issues. 

I listened to the first 25 minutes of that phone call recently publicised.

Him having mental health problems should be the only thing not in question any longer.

I would love for him to take an actual IQ test, I genuinely believe he’s operating at something around that which you’d expect from a 12 year old.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

To be fair, he's right - a lot of people are saying the election was fraudulent. But then a lot of people are saying that Jesus was born to a virgin, died and came back to life, and watches the USA from his cloak of invisibility, taking sides in political disputes, so I wouldn't set too much store by it. 

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, sne said:

Proven = "A lot of people are saying".

If he repeats the narrative that often it'll become fact to an awful lot of his supporters and they won't look for any substance. 

I'm still intrigued as to what will happen on the day he gets kicked out of the White House.  I've got all these great scenarios in my head but I guess he will sneak out to his golf course a couple of days before and hide behind his Twitter account.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm still intrigued as to what will happen on the day he gets kicked out of the White House.  I've got all these great scenarios in my head but I guess he will sneak out to his golf course a couple of days before and hide behind his Twitter account.

He’ll run away for sure, probably won’t be man enough to attend the handover ceremony on the 20th. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

He’ll run away for sure, probably won’t be man enough to attend the handover ceremony on the 20th. 

And on that subject :D 

Donald Trump could be planning Turnberry trip as Scots airport told to expect a high-flyer the day before Joe Biden’s inauguration

Prestwick airport has been told to expect the arrival of a US military Boeing 757 aircraft, that is occasionally used by Trump, on January 19 – the day before his Democratic rival takes charge at the White House.

Speculation surrounding Trump’s plans has been fuelled by the activity of US Army aircraft, which were based at Prestwick airport for a week and said to be carrying out 3D reconnaissance of the president’s Turnberry resort.

Sources at Prestwick said two US military surveillance aircraft were circling Turnberry in November, using the Ayrshire aviation hub as a base. US media has reported that Trump will break with tradition and snub the inauguration of President Joe Biden on January 20, instead announcing a re-election bid on Air Force One.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/donald-trump-could-be-planning-turnberry-trip-as-scots-airport-told-to-expect-a-high-flyer-the-day-before-joe-bidens-inauguration/

• Haha 1

In news sure to make the Brexit fans amongst us happy, Vicky "F**k the EU" Nuland is back in for at top job at state. Reward for her sterling work during the Ukraine color revolution. I wonder who's next?

"Nuland, a retired career foreign service officer who served as the top U.S. diplomat for Europe, NATO ambassador and State Department spokeswoman, is to be nominated as undersecretary of state for political affairs, effectively the third-ranking U.S. diplomat, the sources added, also confirming Politico’s report."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-biden-diplomats/biden-to-name-sherman-nuland-to-top-diplomatic-posts-sources-idUSKBN29A27G

Edited by villakram

Â