U.S. Politics

maqroll

6 hours ago, sne said:

Wonder where this supreme race of aliens that the Israeli space agency guy was talking about who only worked together with Israel and the US of A comes into it? Is that the lizard people?

There is more than one race  . Our solar system is like the Corley services of the Milky Way apparently. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Prop 22 takes hold:

This is useful to bear in mind:

There is just one elite, and it is ready to eat you.

Hmmm Kamala Harris's brother-in-law.

It's a bit of a stretch to imply that she has the same views as someone she may not know even know very well at all.

e.g. a spouse could have several siblings spread around the country married multiple times to people you may have only ever met once.

56 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

However I do agree with the sentiment that Prop 22 is huge turd pile @HanoiVillan

Really the story is, "rich powerful people use their money and power to gain more money and power." It's been the same thing forever.

The rich don't work for money, money works for the rich.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Hmmm Kamala Harris's brother-in-law.

It's a bit of a stretch to imply that she has the same views as someone she may not know even know very well at all.

e.g. a spouse could have several siblings spread around the country married multiple times to people you may have only ever met once.

Richard Ayoade responsible for Laurence Fox. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It is both weird and completely commonplace that it is almost impossible to confidently predict an American's gender from their name. Seems to be harder the posher they are as well.

I'm sure Evelyn Waugh wrote a book about that. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Do you want the role abolished or is it just that it's Pelosi? 

Very much so Pelosi. She is very wealthy now through her 'good' political works as are the upper reaches of society that she represents.

Of course, how one values neo-liberalism will color ones interpretation of this political creature.

Two days of direct political high drama ahead.

The Georgia results will not be known until Thursday or Friday absent a landslide, but I'm sure the exit/early numbers will influence the electoral college  theatre tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, villakram said:

Two days of direct political high drama ahead.

The Georgia results will not be known until Thursday or Friday absent a landslide, but I'm sure the exit/early numbers will influence the electoral college  theatre tomorrow.

More of the same then.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm sure Evelyn Waugh wrote a book about that. 

19 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

"Waugh of the Sexes"?

Most interesting fact that I know about Evelyn Waugh was that his first wife was called Evelyn too

• Shocked 1

Â