U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 27/12/2020 at 16:00, choffer said:

Tried to work out what was what from Twitter. I know I shouldn’t be surprised but it’s was just one conspiracy theory after another. Given the paucity of actual news I guess people are going to speculate but it all seems a bit mad. 

Seems to be a lot of claims, and video footage, that show the explosion happening on the other side of the road to the vehicle.

Like a lot of things nowadays, you just can't tell if its doctored 'fake news' 

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Seems to be a lot of claims, and video footage, that show the explosion happening on the other side of the road to the vehicle.

Like a lot of things nowadays, you just can't tell if its doctored 'fake news' 

There was a lot of videos showing the missile landing in the street too. Normally, you can wade through the nonsense and actually find something concrete but in this instance it all seems like unreliable versions of events. You’d have thought there’s be more clarity from the authorities by this point. 

45 minutes ago, choffer said:

There was a lot of videos showing the missile landing in the street too. Normally, you can wade through the nonsense and actually find something concrete but in this instance it all seems like unreliable versions of events. You’d have thought there’s be more clarity from the authorities by this point. 

They have said the bomber died in the explosion as he was still in the vehicle

11 hours ago, choffer said:

A lot of dubious videos which have been completely debunked. 

It's terrible that "alternative facts" have completely infected people's reading of current events.

Ok, the LHO theory for the JFK murder was BS but I think too many folks watched the X-files when they were young and are far too susceptible to David Ike levels of conspiracy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

A 41-year-old Congressman-elect has died from Covid:

How very sad. 

You see a young family there denied of their father who was about to embark on an important career of public service. 

This disease does NOT only take elderly people withering away in care homes as many people would like you to think. 

Sadly there will be thousands like this throughout the world.  This is why it makes me so angry when people try to underplay the seriousness of this which also in turn leads people to help the spread. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

A lot of dubious videos which have been completely debunked. 

Apologies, yes. I meant to put missile in inverted commas. Not for one minute did I think there was any authenticity in those clips. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

How very sad. 

You see a young family there denied of their father who was about to embark on an important career of public service. 

This disease does NOT only take elderly people withering away in care homes as many people would like you to think. 

Sadly there will be thousands like this throughout the world.  This is why it makes me so angry when people try to underplay the seriousness of this which also in turn leads people to help the spread. 

We do not know his medical history, so grasping at this to bolster one narrative or another is not prudent.

Statistically, he was in more danger from the flu than covid. Of course, when your number is drawn, statistics are worth feck all.

6 minutes ago, villakram said:

We do not know his medical history, so grasping at this to bolster one narrative or another is not prudent.

Statistically, he was in more danger from the flu than covid. Of course, when your number is drawn, statistics are worth feck all.

true, he might have excema.

actually, this is in the article: "He had no underlying conditions," Ghali said. "It was just COVID."

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

actually, this is in the article: "He had no underlying conditions," Ghali said. "It was just COVID."

"LSU Health Shreveport Chancellor G.E. Ghali said Letlow died from a heart attack following a procedure related to the infection."

They also state that he died as a result of their actions... do no harm, indeed. This is also the head of a team who treated him with Remdesivir, which has been completely invalidated as a useful covid treatment. I'd be calling the lawyers in were I related to him.

22 hours ago, Seat68 said:

When covid takes me I will put it down to that bad bit of excema I get on my back. Every day is a death sentence. 

I wonder if it counts as pre-existing if you saw a GP over zoom for GAD as a result of the pandemic.

Not personal experience but the inhaler i was given 10 years ago and have never used has really come back to bite me.

Edited by a m ole

The Senate on Friday joined the House to override President Donald Trump’s veto of a sweeping military policy bill, delivering the first such blow to Trump just weeks before he leaves office.

The Senate voted 81 to 13 to approve the $741 billion National Defense Authorization Act, achieving the two-thirds majority required to defeat the veto. The House overrode the veto on Monday by a vote of 322-87. As a result, the legislation will become law.

Trump vetoed the measure on Dec. 23 after lawmakers refused to include his request to add a provision repealing an internet liability law known as Section 230 that protects social media companies. The previous eight vetoes issued by Trump had been allowed to stand.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/congress-overrides-trump-s-veto-first-time-major-military-bill-n1252652

On 30/12/2020 at 17:30, a m ole said:

Whenever I read that some young person 'had no underlying conditions' yet croak by a sars virus, I'm thinking it's more in the street of 'no known underlying conditions'.

I had a super infection in my throat this year and was very sick. Woke up in the middle of the night and could not breath at all. The super infections are fecking lethal. Scared the feck out of me.

I got through it mind, even if it ironically wasn't covid but another virus.

Anyway, I'm rambling. My point is just that I don't wanna trivialise covid. But for those in their 20-30s it's rare to die of covid without underlaying conditions. It simply isn't normal for a fit 20-30 year old to die from an infection or respiratory virus. So I'd stake my art collection he had an underlying condition.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

bob ross inspiration GIF

Mrs Sidcow is obsessed with Bob Ross. She loves to watch his show which is currently been repeated. 

It's weirdly hypnotic plus nostalgic from childhood. 

• Like 1

Â