U.S. Politics

maqroll

6 hours ago, villakram said:

As voting finishes, it worth remembering all those dollars sacrificed to make this possible, >$800 million for these 2 seats.

The best democracy money can buy.

Do you have a source for those figures? On NPR they said it was $460million (still an obscene figure)

Supposedly every single commercial break in Georgia for the last month has been about the senate race :D

Georgia a microcosm of the country. Dem power in cities and suburbs, GOP in the country. 

If these both get called for the Dems and when Trump's coup attempt fails tomorrow, I worry what these crazy MAGAs will get up to. I doubt they'll attempt to bring many weapons in other than knives, batons and knuckledusters. I hope the antifa crowd stay home and let the DCPD deal with the Proud Boys directly.

Edited by maqroll

Some big symbolism to these pending Dem victories- A Jew and and African-American are ascending to the Senate in Deep South Georgia, and a complete flip of the state with Biden's win. Demographic trends favor the Dems there, as well as Texas. Let's see if the national party can stay out of it's own way and wield power as effectively as Stacey Abrams and the Georgia Democrats.

• Like 1

The irony of Georgia being the state to screw over the republican party is immense. Biden will be open to do whatever he pleases after this, starting with tearing up most of Trump's presidential orders and reversing the Wall bullshit and reintroducing Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act which Trump is trying to get tossed out before he gets evicted. 

Loving it.

Even more ironic is that Trump is likely the reason why Georgia will go double D. He's constantly alluded to the voting machines in Georgia being broken, almost saying "don't waste your time" to his voters. Ossof would never in a mile win this election without the low republican turnout caused by Donald Trump. Warnock would likely win, Ossof not.

Hilarious.

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Do you have a source for those figures? On NPR they said it was $460million (still an obscene figure)

Supposedly every single commercial break in Georgia for the last month has been about the senate race :D

from this guardian link i've just read: 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/05/georgia-runoff-elections-ossoff-warnock-perdue-loeffler

....The airwaves have been flooded with unprecedented numbers of political adverts on both sides, with the campaigns of the four candidates jointly splurging more than $833m on the state according to the Center for Responsive Politics....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â