U.S. Politics

maqroll

@chrisp65 I don't take it as you defending him at all. It's an extremely important consideration. Foreign policy is one of the two main areas (along with executive branch appointments) that Presidents actually have real power over, and so they *should* play an outsize role in how we evaluate a president.

To be clear though, I don't actually think Trump has been *good* at foreign policy in any way, just that Clinton/Biden would/will also have bad points.

One dumb/bad thing Trump did we haven't talked about, but should go into the reckoning, was move the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, and generally give Netanyahu the go-ahead to do whatever he wants.

• Like 4

While people might remember the racial killings this year, the riots etc.  I doubt anyone even remember the Australian forest fires that killed like hundreds of million of animals. 

I bet we could google and everyone could basically list one thing each. 

Those fires burned down an area about 10 x the size of Wales or something over 12 months. 

I need someone to double check my maths here cause that sounds insane. 18-19 million hectares. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

While people might remember the racial killings this year, the riots etc.  I doubt anyone even remember the Australian forest fires that killed like hundreds of million of animals. 

I bet we could google and everyone could basically list one thing each. 

Those fires burned down an area about 10 x the size of Wales or something over 12 months. 

I need someone to double check my maths here cause that sounds insane. 18-19 million hectares. 

I think myself and the other Australians on here remember 👋🏻

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Link? Can't find it, I'm in the mood for decent stand up

It doesn't  appear to have been split off yet, and might not be given the wealth of wacky available. I though it would be all over the twitter etc., land by now.

I heard the radio broadcast live but they do it simultaneously on TV too - car crash TV defined I expect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I doubt anyone even remember the Australian forest fires that killed like hundreds of million of animals. 

I remember them. I was there when they were going on. Apocalyptic, though to be fair many were at the end of 2019. But to get back on topic, California has had similar.

Utterly deranged. China are going to pay. Regeneron is the cure. He asked for the doctors to give it to him so he could test it and now he's giving it everyone for free because it made him better so it's going to cure everyone else too.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Utterly deranged. China are going to pay. Regeneron is the cure. He asked for the doctors to give it to him so he could test it and now he's giving it everyone for free because it made him better so it's going to cure everyone else too.

The face! The bloody face.

I mean it has never been caked on that badly before has it?

• Like 3

There would be a vaccine before the election, but the Dems won't allow it.

Oh sure.

He may or may not be clear of Covid symptoms - it's hard to say - but he's definitely ill and his physical condition is the least of it.

Â