U.S. Politics

maqroll

So the big vote winners in US politics are around being a good Christian (clearly Trump is faking this one), supports the troops (Trump called solidiers losers) and he has blocked his tax returns for years because it shows you’d struggle to buy a PS5 with some of his annual payments.

Aside from that he's a narcissistic, racist, womanising, racist word removed. 

How did he get the job again? To build a ludicrously expensive wall they didn’t need.

35 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hes such a horrible human being, if they re-elect him then what does say for a large proportion of their populaton. 

I can’t help but think there must be some good / positive things he does over there that doesn’t get reported here. I just can’t fathom why he’d get more than 10% of the vote based off what we see.

31 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

My wife's step-mum sent me a picture of her completed "Biden / Harris" ballot which she posted back today.

So that's one down. 

Be careful as I believe you can get in trouble for electronically sharing completed ballot stuff, e.g.,

"“Ballot selfies,” as they’ve been dubbed, are still illegal in most of the country — and punishable by ballot invalidation, if not significant fines or jail time."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2014/11/04/election-day-psa-its-illegal-to-share-photos-of-your-ballot-online-in-many-states-heres-why/

and with the vast online harvesting that companies such as Palantir get into...

Edited by villakram

6 hours ago, sne said:

Fwiw the average flu deaths/year in the US is no where near 100.000 a year. 17/18 was bad with an estimated 46k-95k dead but other than that most years are between 11k-65k with an average of about maybe 35k a year in the last 10 years. According to their CDC.

Trump on tape in February

Trump claiming to be saving millions of lives in April

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/01/trump-coronavirus-millions-saved-160814

“Think of the number — potentially 2.2 million people if we did nothing, if we didn’t do the distancing, if we didn’t do all of the things that we’re doing,” Trump said Sunday.

“I thought about it,” Trump conceded. “I said, ‘Maybe we should ride it through.’”

He's a lying, dangerous idiot, who seems to just repeat the last thing he was told.

In 7 months, Covid has killed more people in the US than flu has in the last 5 years combined. But facts don't matter to The Donald.

I really hope the dirt that the states have on this man is bulletproof, I want to see him in cuffs in January.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Trump on tape in February

Trump claiming to be saving millions of lives in April

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/01/trump-coronavirus-millions-saved-160814

He's a lying, dangerous idiot, who seems to just repeat the last thing he was told.

It's not exactly Trumps fault that epidemiology is a scientific field rotten to the core and incapable of predicting a damn thing correctly about this virus, e.g., a Univ. Washington study a few weeks back saying we'd be a 400k dead by xmas.

So save a blast of your rage for the incompetence of the London group that was responsible for a lot of the early rubbish in this affair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villakram said:

It's not exactly Trumps fault that epidemiology is a scientific field rotten to the core and incapable of predicting a damn thing correctly about this virus, e.g., a Univ. Washington study a few weeks back saying we'd be a 400k dead by xmas.

So save a blast of your rage for the incompetence of the London group that was responsible for a lot of the early rubbish in this affair.

I don't expect anyone to have known exactly what would happen in February or April.

I absolutely expect him to not spew such such blatant **** bullshit as comparing it to the flu with what he should know now,.

7 minutes ago, villakram said:

Be careful as I believe you can get in trouble for electronically sharing completed ballot stuff, e.g.,

"“Ballot selfies,” as they’ve been dubbed, are still illegal in most of the country — and punishable by ballot invalidation, if not significant fines or jail time."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2014/11/04/election-day-psa-its-illegal-to-share-photos-of-your-ballot-online-in-many-states-heres-why/

and with the vast online harvesting that companies such as Palantir get into...

Given she lives in St Albans I guess she'll just have to take her chances with the extradition system then.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't expect anyone to have known exactly what would happen in February or April.

I absolutely expect him to not spew such such blatant **** bullshit as comparing it to the flu with what he should know now,.

Of course, but look at the seriousness that is still given to the prognostications of some of these people. OT, but thankfully the political leadership in Ireland told the medical group to go do one with their new lockdown recommendation.

Just now, ml1dch said:

Given she lives in St Albans I guess she'll just have to take her chances with the extradition system then.

They don't care about her, just deleting her vote. This and simple human mistakes like it are cannon-fodder for R-lawyers.

WASHINGTON — Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley and at least three other members of the eight-member Joint Chiefs are quarantining after the Vice Commandant of the Coast Guard, Adm. Charles Ray, tested positive for Covid-19, according to three defense officials.

The defense officials said Milley was quarantining at home after Ray tested positive. The officials also said Vice Chairman Gen. John Hyten, Gen. John Raymond of the Space Force, and Gen. Charles Q. Brown of the Air Force are also self-quarantining.

None of those quarantining are showing symptoms at present, said the officials.

NBC

Might be a good time to invasde the USA

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The Ilhan Omar witch hunt is one of the most shameful aspects of US politics right now.

You'd think so wouldn't you?

Yet only weeks ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-54265571

Mexico is investigating claims that six Mexican women were sterilised while in a US migrant detention centre, Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard said on Tuesday.

A whistleblower last week alleged that hysterectomies were being performed on immigrants in the US without their proper consent.

US immigration officials said they are taking the allegations seriously.

Mexico called such operations "unacceptable".

"We are already in contact with six (Mexican women) who could potentially have been subjected to this type of procedure," Mr Ebrard told a press conference on Tuesday.

"If confirmed, it's a major issue and measures must be taken," he continued.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Â