U.S. Politics

maqroll

The only way they're going to control these debates is with control over the microphones.

In this one, both candidates got a couple of minutes to put across their point, then Pence got an extra minute at the end to respond while the moderator apologised for trying to interrupt him.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The only way they're going to control these debates is with control over the microphones.

In this one, both candidates got a couple of minutes to put across their point, then Pence got an extra minute at the end to respond while the moderator apologised for trying to interrupt him.

The misogyny of the bigot was so obvious. Just kept talking over her and ignoring her. Patronizing Harris at every turn. 

But that's what the stupids love. Religious* white guy telling women how it is.

*hypocritical, ignorant bigot.

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Is there a more punchable face than Pence? I can't articulate how odious he is.

I think his entire persona comes across as so untrustworthy and fake I struggle to use the right adjectives. 

He'd fit right in as the father in the Matilda story of Roald Dahl. 

• Like 1

What the hell is going on? Did he just refuse to participate in an online debate ? Did his campaign chief just say they were holding a town hall meeting instead? 

Swear I get surprised every day by that administration even after acknowledging it. Amazing. 

They are currently trying to re-schedule the debate for Oct 22nd.

Meanwhile, fun & games in Michigan where the FBI are out with a claim of a dastardly militia plot to take over the state. I do hope this case holds a little more water than the last time the feds attempted to go after the militia around these parts.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-michigan-whitmer/thirteen-arrested-in-plots-to-kidnap-michigan-governor-incite-unrest-idUSKBN26T2ZF

"Six people have been arrested for allegedly plotting to overthrow the Michigan state government and kidnap its governor, Gretchen Whitmer, prior to the Nov. 3 presidential election, law enforcement authorities said on Thursday."

Oh dear! This will be fun to hear them explain (provided it's true). I'm guessing fake news will be their response.

Covid-19 Live Updates: Treatment That Trump Called a ‘Cure’ Was Tested With Cells Derived From Fetal Tissue

After testing positive for the virus last week, President Trump called an experimental antibody cocktail that he had been given a “cure.” It was developed with cells originally derived from fetal tissue, a practice that he has repeatedly condemned. 

The antibody cocktail for Covid-19 that President Trump touted on Wednesday afternoon was developed with cells originally derived from fetal tissue, a practice that the president had repeatedly condemned.

In June 2019, the Trump administration suspended federal funding for most new scientific research involving fetal tissue derived from abortions.

“Promoting the dignity of human life from conception to natural death is one of the very top priorities of President Trump’s administration,” the Department of Health and Human Services said in a prepared statement.

“Intramural research that requires new acquisition of fetal tissue from elective abortions will not be conducted,” the statement added.

Mr. Trump last week received Regeneron’s cocktail of monoclonal antibodies — essentially, antibodies synthesized in living cells and administered to help the body fight off the infection.

To develop the antibodies, Regeneron relied on 293T, a human cell line once derived from fetal tissue. At least two companies racing to produce vaccines against the coronavirus, Moderna and AstraZeneca, also are using the cell line.

Remdesivir, an antiviral drug Mr. Trump received, also was tested using these cells.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/08/world/covid-coronavirus?type=styln-live-updates&label=covid-19&index=0&action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#the-treatment-that-trump-touted-as-a-cure-for-covid-19-was-developed-using-cells-derived-from-fetal-tissue

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villakram said:

They are currently trying to re-schedule the debate for Oct 22nd.

Meanwhile, fun & games in Michigan where the FBI are out with a claim of a dastardly militia plot to take over the state. I do hope this case holds a little more water than the last time the feds attempted to go after the militia around these parts.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-michigan-whitmer/thirteen-arrested-in-plots-to-kidnap-michigan-governor-incite-unrest-idUSKBN26T2ZF

"Six people have been arrested for allegedly plotting to overthrow the Michigan state government and kidnap its governor, Gretchen Whitmer, prior to the Nov. 3 presidential election, law enforcement authorities said on Thursday."

Bit of a nothing to see here post from me..

When I hear or read FBI, especially in connection with political affairs, my mind conjures up thoughts of just how dastardly and corrupt it's possible for an institution to become.

COINTELPRO, while belonging to a not so distant past, is what the FBI is all about, it's her history, her makeup. Consequently I am skeptical of the FBI's agenda and motives.

I only can wonder from afar, and hope, that the systemic hostility towards members of the population are not so entrenched that reform and new direction can be attained.

• Like 1

Â