U.S. Politics

maqroll

Trump channeling Rick James and has apparently developed a "protective glow" (patent pending) and is now possibly immune, or not.

James baldwin GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, villakram said:

The latest supreme court circus is underway. I do wonder who shall stand the grandest?

I imagine lots of people will watch it, but surely there's very little real interest. Whatever she says is unlikely to be reliable (for either side, but especially to Democrats) and she's certain to go through. Only real question is whether Manchin and Sinema vote for her I suppose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I imagine lots of people will watch it, but surely there's very little real interest. Whatever she says is unlikely to be reliable (for either side, but especially to Democrats) and she's certain to go through. Only real question is whether Manchin and Sinema vote for her I suppose.

That and there is interest in what strategy Harris will take, i.e, low/normal/high profile. Lot's of opportunity to slip up, so I expect she'll mostly keep her head down and at most make a grand unspecific statement about morals/ethics.

The great pity is that this is swallowing all the air in the room and leaving the ongoing negotiations about the next and supposedly needed (can't trust economists, though the destructive economic effects of the virus mitigation strategies have clearly not propagated through the economy as of yet) stimulus bill going ignored, a fact the congressional politicians and particularly Nancy/Mitch appear more than happy about.

One thing of mild interest in these Barrett hearings is that Republicans have turned up, including some you might not have expected:

🙄

But of course. Also appearing at the hearing is Lindsay Graham, a man who is currently refusing to take a covid test because he is afraid it will come back positive. Here he is talking to an 87 year old woman, possibly with early-stage senile dementia:

EkI_29uU0AAqf_w?format=jpg&name=large

Don't worry though, he didn't leave the mask on for long:

EkJAj1MVgAIU0v9?format=jpg&name=large

Brilliant.

Hunter Biden still causing all sorts of mayhem...

In addition to the emails that were left on the laptop in that repair shop, rumor has it that there is a sex video starring Hunter, a lady and a crack pipe. Stay classy.

10 minutes ago, villakram said:

In addition to the emails that were left on the laptop in that repair shop, rumor has it that there is a sex video starring Hunter, a lady and a crack pipe. Stay classy.

People are saying...

Good thing he's not running for president then.   I hear there are rumors of a video with Trump and peeing prostitutes.

25 minutes ago, villakram said:

That's like implying Billy-Ray Cyrus is a sex-fiend because of his daughter.

42 minutes ago, villakram said:

A quick Google search for Hunter Biden + crack pipe brings up a load of 2019 articles. Including a couple where he talks about it, and how it was funny when he first bought it thinking it was cocaine and couldn't work out how to take it. 

I'm not sure that this is the breakthrough story that you appear to think it is. 

Well, how about the emails confirming him using his position to lobby with his dad on behalf of Burisma. All of which has been denied as having ever occurred in the past by one Joe Biden. Hardly surprising that none of the responses on here took any notice of that, I suppose.

Scoop from the New York Post, the Daily Hail chaps must be fuming.

This is fairly interesting.

• Trumpworld flew into a frenzy on Wednesday after the New York Post published a report purporting to show a "smoking-gun email" featuring Hunter Biden communicating with a Ukrainian official about meeting with his father, Joe Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee.
  • The Post's story had several red flags and holes that raise questions about its authenticity. The most glaring questions are whether the emails described in the story are legitimate, how they were uncovered, and how the Post obtained them.
  • The Post's report said that an unidentified computer-repair-shop owner discovered the emails and other compromising material about Hunter Biden after an unidentified person dropped off a water-damaged laptop last year to be repaired but never picked it up.
  • The repair shop owner was later identifiedas John Paul Mac Isaac, an avid Trump supporter who told several reporters who tracked him down that Trump's impeachment was a "sham." Isaac also did not have a clear grasp on the timeline of events that he initially described to the Post.
  • The Post said it learned of the emails' existence last month through Steve Bannon, the former White House chief strategist, and obtained them through Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump's personal lawyer.
  • Both men have routinely pushed conspiracy theories about the Biden campaign's ties to Ukraine, and Giuliani met last year with a Ukrainian official who was sanctioned in September and accused of acting as a Russian agent.
  • In all, one expert said, the way the story was published appears to showcase "a standard tactic in disinformation operations."

More on the link. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Giuliani is going to stick his nose out one too many times.

I don't think a single thing about this story stacks up - if you're not sure who dropped the laptop off, why would you write a receipt to hunter Biden? - but I do question whether 'shop owner copies hard drive and hands copy to rudy giuliani' is an action that can legally follow 'man drops off laptop at repair shop'. 

• Haha 1

Â