U.S. Politics

maqroll

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think he's going to win, but it's not impossible. I wouldn't waste much money betting on him winning though.

He was a shorter price the other day than when I backed him last time out.

He was 100/30 not long before before the election in 2016 and he was 5/2, I think, before they suspended the market.

Trump getting a relatively low dose, surviving without too much panic is extremely dangerous for the people of America. Him surviving will lead to the death of tens of thousands.

Biden getting him out of the White House is a life or death situation.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Trump getting a relatively low dose, surviving without too much panic is extremely dangerous for the people of America. Him surviving will lead to the death of tens of thousands.

Biden getting him out of the White House is a life or death situation.

Yarp.

" Coronavirus is nothing! It's just a case of the sniffles. If I can survive, you can too!" He will be the band leader marching thousands more to their death.

He will be partially validated though. The economy may receive some stimulus from the booming business of undertakers and funeral directors.

13 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I’m not so sure. I think he is high from the steroids personally.  

Definitely this, my missus was on those same steroids for a while

I don't get the stunt angle

The story is that he had to be persuaded quite heavily to even go to hospital in the first place, now he's pumped up on steroids and he thinks he's invincible. But essentially he's still got it, still infectious and without the steroids he'd in all likelihood bee feeling very shit

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Definitely this, my missus was on those same steroids for a while

I don't get the stunt angle

The story is that he had to be persuaded quite heavily to even go to hospital in the first place, now he's pumped up on steroids and he thinks he's invincible. But essentially he's still got it, still infectious and without the steroids he'd in all likelihood bee feeling very shit

Think this is obviously right. It was also very noticeable that that doctor stooge had all sorts of answers to some questions, but very much no comment for others.

• Like 1

Promise I'll stop commenting on the thread at this point, and let others have a go, but just wanted to recommend the NYT 'The Daily' podcast from today:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/05/podcasts/the-daily/donald-trump-coronavirus-treatment.html

. . . which calmly lays out the timeline, makes clear  what is and isn't known, highlights that the doctors explictly admitted they are trying to tell a positive story because he believes in the power of positive thinking, and make clear that he's leaving as much because he's bored as anything else.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Promise I'll stop commenting on the thread at this point, and let others have a go, but just wanted to recommend the NYT 'The Daily' podcast from today:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/05/podcasts/the-daily/donald-trump-coronavirus-treatment.html

. . . which calmly lays out the timeline, makes clear  what is and isn't known, highlights that the doctors explictly admitted they are trying to tell a positive story because he believes in the power of positive thinking, and make clear that he's leaving as much because he's bored as anything else.

Yup,  illuminating listen that - thanks.

• Like 1

He’s suggesting he got the virus on purpose to prove it could be beaten. 

And so the president's message in the final weeks of his re-election campaign takes shape. He contracted the coronavirus because he was an out-front leader and he "had to do that".

"Nobody that's a leader would not do what I did," he said.

If the American people believe that then they deserve him.

Bbc

• Like 1

Claiming he might be immune, against something he is currently infected with and being treated against :D 

He was visibly winded and short of breath after walking up the stairs to the White House coming back from the hospital.

Edited by sne

Â