U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Given she lives in St Albans I guess she'll just have to take her chances with the extradition system then.

Given our government and Home Secretary, she should get Reprieve on the case pretty sharpish. ;)

Edited by snowychap
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, meregreen said:

Hopefully when the whole edifice comes crashing down, Fox News will be part of the rubble. They’ve nailed their colours to his mast so tightly, when he goes, so does their credibility.

Fox is too engrained at this point. Far too late. Similar will happen here once Britain First(GB news?) launches in the new year. 

Edited by dudevillaisnice

That new medicine genuinly seems to have tipped him from being a racist idiotic wackadoodle to going full mental case ready for retirement. 

And that latest ending of the stimulus talk before after the selection. I dunno man. It kinda reads to me as a child have a tantrum. You're not doing what I want, so now you're all going to suffer. Anyone think the Democrats care? 

Yeah that's gonna turn that polling around. 

Lost it. Completely.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That new medicine genuinly seems to have tipped him from being a racist idiotic wackadoodle to going full mental case ready for retirement. 

And that latest ending of the stimulus talk before after the selection. I dunno man. It kinda reads to me as a child have a tantrum. You're not doing what I want, so now you're all going to suffer. Anyone think the Democrats care? 

Yeah that's gonna turn that polling around. 

Lost it. Completely.

Yeah but people will still vote for him despite this and everything else.

I would find it hilarious but then we have Boris as PM.

Biden says what is obvious, no second debate if Trump still has the infection. No doubt Trump will tell us all that Biden is running scared and he’s ready to go.

Edited by Genie

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

Biden says what is obvious, no second debate if Trump still has the infection. No doubt Trump will tell us all that Biden is running scared and he’s ready to go.

While common sense leads to that conclusion, it's also a case here where it's a very good outcome for Biden. How many presidential debates are there? 3-4? Trump absolutely tanked the first one and still isn't doing too well on the polling data. Cancelling one debate would play right into his hands. 

Genuine question this one:

Has Trump started or extended any wars or bombing or general international violence during his tenure. Anything over and above what was already going on under Obama and all the previous Presidents?

I know he’s given the Palestinians a kicking. He’s also got a couple of countries in dialogue with Israel.

But your actual drone strikes and US planes etc.? Anything in 4 years?

Has this been an unprecedented quiet time for direct US military action?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Has Trump started or extended any wars or bombing or general international violence during his tenure. Anything over and above what was already going on under Obama and all the previous Presidents?

I know he’s given the Palestinians a kicking. He’s also got a couple of countries in dialogue with Israel.

Assassination of Qasem Soleimani

Been a bit of a busy year but this occurred in January 2020.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yes. In Syria, obviously. He also targetted that Iranian murderer general with a successful UAV strike. Plenty (if that's the right word) of things.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

They were/are involved in the Daesh & Syria conflicts as everyone else and silent partner in the Saudi vs Iran proxy war in Yemen. And that spectacular failure in Venezuela.

No idea about numbers 

• Like 2

He’s quite busy getting lots of people killed on US soil through his own reckless attitude to wards Covid-19.

It’ll be interesting what the final death toll is, and what it could have been if he’d taken it seriously. 

It could turn out be more deadly than if they’d had a war, but without the access to somebody else’s natural resources to show for it.

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I (maybe mistakenly) took the premise of your question to be something like 'has he contributed more to world war than a replacement-level Democrat would have done?', and on that frankly I think he probably hasn't, or that it's pretty marginal. Joe Biden and Hilary Clinton are/were not foreign policy 'doves', and they would probably have done much the same in Syria and Yemen. You would hope they would have been more cautious than assassinating Soleimani.

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

This year had 500 months it seems. Feels like we've been through everything and more and it's not even mid October. 

Here I was back in January thinking that WW3 was going to be the big thing of 2020.

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I (maybe mistakenly) took the premise of your question to be something like 'has he contributed more to world war than a replacement-level Democrat would have done?', and on that frankly I think he probably hasn't, or that it's pretty marginal. Joe Biden and Hilary Clinton are/were not foreign policy 'doves', and they would probably have done much the same in Syria and Yemen. You would hope they would have been more cautious than assassinating Soleimani.

Yeah, kinda.

We might not like him, but he was elected. What he does within his own borders is pretty much their concern and their mistake or master stroke to vote in or vote out.

It was the unremittingly ‘bad’ press he receives as an idiot. When, perhaps, Gulf Wars and Nicaragua and Cuba and Chile etc etc aren’t looked back on as horrific acts that have killed (probably) millions in total.

I’m not out to defend the guy, but if internationally they’ve committed less acts of murder or illegal war, perhaps that’s worth noting.

There’s an obvious counter that a US military retreat allows China / Russia to bully more states.

• Like 1

Â