U.S. Politics

maqroll

Chinese embassy in Houston ordered shutdown. Rubio out claiming it is a spy center.

Highly symbolic, as for some reason (oil???), this was the first Chinese embassy to open in the US after they established diplomatic relations after the Nixon/Kissinger friend request.

With relations continuing to deteriorate, the Chinese retaliation should be interesting. China now has 4 embassies in the US. The US has 5 in China.

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Mad that he's got all these people out there believing the wildest conspiracy theory imaginable about paedophilia, where they're turning up armed to random buildings expecting to find a Hilary Clinton sex dungeon inside, yet he himself palled around with this bloke and is just out there chatting about how often he hung out with them and that he wishes them well.

Somehow millions and millions of Americans don't WANT TO see anything weird with that picture.

That's probably more accurate :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Straggler said:

Whilst on the subject of Trump being an idiot, if any of you fancy having a go at the test Trump 'aced' and that the Drs who watched him were so amazed about feel free to have a go.  I didn't post it before because it was only an educated guess that this was the test he was talking about, but his interview on Fox recently confirmed that this is the type if not the exact same one (sometimes the animals you have to identify are different etc).  Please note Trump said the last 5 questions are very hard.  The very last question for a full 20% of the available points is where are you and what day is it.

Montreal-Cognitive-Assessment-MoCA.png

This seems more like a test you'd give somebody to test if they had brain damage.

In fact I've been watching a TV Show lately (not named to avoid spoilers) and one of the characters goes into a coma and when he awakes one of the tests they use to see if he has brain damage is the one about tapping when you hear the letter A.

I'd say the only "hard" question there is the delayed recall part. Everything else you'd be worried if someone got them wrong

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This seems more like a test you'd give somebody to test if they had brain damage.

In fact I've been watching a TV Show lately (not named to avoid spoilers) and one of the characters goes into a coma and when he awakes one of the tests they use to see if he has brain damage is the one about tapping when you hear the letter A.

I'd say the only "hard" question there is the delayed recall part. Everything else you'd be worried if someone got them wrong

You hit the nail on the head it is exactly that sort of test. It is supposed to be easy for the average person to answer so it can identify people who are impaired. Passing it is certainly nothing to brag about. That he is consistent in talking about how he aced it is odd, that he found the last 5 questions hard should be disqualifying. Of course he is probably lying about how hard it is to big himself up, but the level of pathetic is off the scale.

If you've not seen the Fox interview it is worth watching. Normally I can't stand Fox, but the recent one actually has some journalistic integrity and some push back on Trump, so credit where it is due.

I may link it later when I'm not on my phone as I'll balls it up on here

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Straggler said:

You hit the nail on the head it is exactly that sort of test. It is supposed to be easy for the average person to answer so it can identify people who are impaired. Passing it is certainly nothing to brag about. That he is consistent in talking about how he aced it is odd, that he found the last 5 questions hard should be disqualifying. Of course he is probably lying about how hard it is to big himself up, but the level of pathetic is off the scale.

Thought as much. In fact isn't drawing a clock a test they give to Alzheimer's patients?

1 hour ago, Straggler said:

If you've not seen the Fox interview it is worth watching. Normally I can't stand Fox, but the recent one actually has some journalistic integrity and some push back on Trump, so credit where it is due.

I may link it later when I'm not on my phone as I'll balls it up on here

He’s probably lying about passing it, let’s be brutally honest here.

I genuinely wonder if he would be able to tie his own shoelaces, I can seriously imagine it perplexing him no end.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

In fact isn't drawing a clock a test they give to Alzheimer's patients?

Edit: In case that gets misconstrued.

I think it's given to people for any neurological issues.

Edited by snowychap

16 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think the bigger question is who asked him to take it? I doubt it’s standard issue for Presidents, someone of some importance must have had concerns. 

Well, there has been tons of questioning of his mental health, with lots of people saying he is exhibiting signs of dementia or alzheimers or such. He takes the test and now he is being mocked for doing that. What a world.

I'd be interested in how Biden would perform too, or how about everyone over the age of 70 in congress or on the supreme/federal courts. That's just crazy talk.

Decision 2020?!?

Edited by villakram

6 minutes ago, villakram said:

Well, there has been tons of questioning of his mental health, with lots of people saying he is exhibiting signs of dementia or alzheimers or such. He takes the test and now he is being mocked for doing that. What a world.

No, he's being mocked for boasting about acing a test that is designed to exhibit a very basic level of cognitive function.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villakram said:

I'd be interested in how Biden would perform too, or how about everyone over the age of 70 in congress or on the supreme/federal courts. That's just crazy talk.

Decision 2020?!?

What decision?

It's not even close.

The sad thing is that the video I posted above is not even the interview with Wallace that I was referring to.  It is Trump doubling down that the test is really hard.  The Wallace interview in full is here:

His thoughts on the test are around the 24th minute, but if you have the time watch the whole thing and judge him on his own words.

13 hours ago, villakram said:

Decision 2020?!?

He didn’t take that test because people on Twitter were mocking his mental aptitude. Someone with some sort of medical responsibility over him must have had enough concerns over his mental health to administer him to a test for dementia. 

Â