U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

There's only one president ever in American history that has withdrawn from office - and he had pretty staggering evidence against him. I'm sorry to break it to you folks but Trump is going to stay for 4 years. He'll then probably lose his nomination to someone right of him in the republican party like Ben Shapiro or similar and the merry go round starts again. He's bad alright, but America's had plenty of worse presidents than him. Social media and the connectivity of the globe keeps politicians on their toes now and he's bound to readjust after this latest session of flak.

I wish it wasn't true but I don't see that stubborn man stepping down.

I thought the President automatically qualifies to run against the Democrats. Kinda like defending their title :lol:

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Okay,

Modern presidents worse than him?

Using slave era presidents from hundreds of years ago is a silly game.

Calvin Coolidge was pretty useless, but he didn't actually do too much damage - he was known as "Do Nothing Cal", and spent most of his time snoozing. When Dorothy Parker was informed that he had died, her response was "How can they tell?" :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Warren G Harding even worse when it comes to being corrupt and letting his friends and close coworkers essentially drain the treasury. Played golf and poker while America went into the toilet under depression and prohibition. Had friends in the mafia and in the industry that he essentially was unable to say no to.

But at least he was able to redeem himself through the world of mid-90s American urban music.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Mossad hit on Trump when he goes to Israel, just watch, and they'll blame it on Hamas

Doubt it, he's the best thing that ever happened to them. Trump = Carte Blanche on the West Bank. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Awol said:

Doubt it, he's the best thing that ever happened to them. Trump = Carte Blanche on the West Bank. 

Pence=Carte Blanche as well. Anything to speed up the whole End of Days thing Evangelicals are so obsessed with. Mossad cannot be too happy with Donny Loose Lips. So they liquidate that problem, pin it on the Palestinians, and then they'll truly have Carte Blanche. I know, I'm daydreaming.

8 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Donald Trump says: "No politician in history… has been treated worse or more unfairly" http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-39950424

Please make it stop. Just like Mandela, Kennedy and Lincoln and more never happened. Clown is to nice of a description.

The previous president's citizenship was questioning for 8 years ffs.

4 hours ago, magnkarl said:

To name a few:

James Buchanan that refused to challenge slavery and essentially led to USA going to civil war with itself even though half of his country was rioting and demanding change.

Warren G Harding even worse when it comes to being corrupt and letting his friends and close coworkers essentially drain the treasury. Played golf and poker while America went into the toilet under depression and prohibition. Had friends in the mafia and in the industry that he essentially was unable to say no to.

Andrew Johnson for resisting the good work that he been done with the early abolishment of slaves and resisting the 14th amendment bill.

Franklin Pierce for instigating wars and trying to annex Nicaragua and Cuba to get more slaves.

I can go on for a pretty long time here. The point is that now a days an American president won't get away with horrible legislation or anything else because there's checks and balances. Trump may be unpopular but he's got people helping him be less of a proverbial amoeba.

I almost wrote "modern" or even post-war Presidents in my original post but I thought that it would be implied.

Of course slave-era Presidents were awful and as Maqroll said it's bit of a silly game to play. I disagree with your assertion that "Trump may be unpopular." He's not just unpopular, surely he has already proved himself to be inept, incompetent and it's looking more and more likely that he's provably corrupt?

8 hours ago, Awol said:

Not sure.

Given the global context of instability at the moment I could imagine some crisis flairing up (by accident or design) that he mismanages spectacularly, leaving the US and/or some of its major allies alles uber der platz and him out on his arse in disgrace.

Or maybe Comey will get him first, or something else entirely. Either way I agree with those who don't think he'll last the first term.  

I agree with that. Trump's barely been in more than 100 days and there's been so many cock ups already with his appointments. 

All he's really done is played golf with world leaders and had chocolate cake with them.

Eventually a big decision will have to be made. I just hope the world is still intact after he's made it.

So the same week he gives highly classified intelligence to the Russians and throws his National Security Advisor and Sec of State under the bus, Trump starts threatening European allies with US withdrawal from NATO. Again.

Apparently leaders of NATO countries have been told to keep their remarks short at the up coming summit, lest the orange one gets bored. 

You literally couldn't make it up.  

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/17/justice-dept-to-appoint-special-counsel-to-take-over-russia-probe.html

Special counsel will take over FBI Russia campaign interference investigation

• Former FBI director Robert Mueller will be appointed as special counsel to take over the Russia investigation.
  • The appointment was made by Rod Rosenstein, deputy attorney general.
  • The move comes amid concerns about the independence of the investigation.

FINALLY

• Like 4

Â