U.S. Politics

maqroll

According to the German press, Germany have tried to get this intel from the States for weeks. then Cheeto Benito blabs it to the Russians in a private meeting, gets his NSA to debunk it publicly, then brags about it 12 hours later.

I just couldn't work for him. I really couldn't. Trying to defend his actions, or to deny his actions, only for him to contradict everything hours later. I'd take it as a personal insult. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I just couldn't work for him. I really couldn't. Trying to defend his actions, or to deny his actions, only for him to contradict everything hours later. I'd take it as a personal insult. 

The worst thing that competent staff in the intelligence agencies could do is refuse to work for Trump, they'll just be replaced with more yes men.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The worst thing that competent staff in the intelligence agencies could do is refuse to work for Trump, they'll just be replaced with more yes men.

oh, go on...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of the memo to a Times reporter.

This has to be the beginning of the end surely.

Â