U.S. Politics

maqroll

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Now beyond WH influence. Uh-oh. 

Wonder how long the investigation will take? All over by Christmas? 

Edit: Twitter saying WH only got 30 mins warning this was happening! 

Edited by Awol

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Now beyond WH influence. Uh-oh. 

Wonder how long the investigation will take? All over by Christmas

Edit: Twitter saying WH only got 30 mins warning this was happening! 

'Pundits' speculating it will drag in well into next year. CNN.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Awol said:

So the same week he gives highly classified intelligence to the Russians and throws his National Security Advisor and Sec of State under the bus, Trump starts threatening European allies with US withdrawal from NATO. Again.

Apparently leaders of NATO countries have been told to keep their remarks short at the up coming summit, lest the orange one gets bored. 

You literally couldn't make it up.  

Screw NATO and the warmongering scum leaching off it.

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This should keep him out of mischief for a bit anyway. 

Or... this puts all the reds under the beds nonsense on the back burner and allows him to do as he wishes aka continue what he's doing right now. 

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Okay,

Modern presidents worse than him?

Using slave era presidents from hundreds of years ago is a silly game.

I hate to break it to you but "hundred of years ago" there would have been maybe 3 presidents in America. The country isn't "hundreds of years old", it's barely over 200. Warren G Harding had his elect period in the 1920's. I'd even put Nixon and Bush Jr ahead of Trump in the shittiest president race. People are acting like American presidents acting up is a new thing. Look at Bill Clinton, Nixon, Ronald Bloody Reagan. Being an American president comes with being stupid, there's nothing new about it, we just live in an era where people flood social media with their discontent, where as 20 years ago a lot of this stuff wouldn't even hit the news.

I don't like Trump, but I also don't like the whole crusade that everyone has against a democratically (yeah, yeah I know, no vote majority) elected president. The democrats knew the stakes when they went into the election, winning the popular vote doesn't cut it. Shouldn't we be focusing on how we can influence politics rather than ridiculing a guy over his tone of voice and hair?

If anything the democrats are as much at fault for floating an awful candidate in Clinton who couldn't even stick to rules about emails. Both these candidates were awful. If Hillary was in power we'd all be wagging along to people asking questions about silencing Bill's women while claiming to be a feminist, sending secret emails from a private server, screwing up as sec. of state and so on. The alternative is no better, it's just a woman in a pantsuit who had no real policy change or positivity to bring to the table.

Edited by magnkarl

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Shouldn't we be focusing on how we can influence politics rather than ridiculing a guy over his tone of voice and hair?

I think it's a bit more complicated than hair at this point.

The Washington Post has Ryan on tape last year admitting that the Russians were paying Trump. I can't wait for everything to come out, the whole lot of them should be behind bars.

5 hours ago, magnkarl said:

ridiculing a guy over his tone of voice and hair?

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

I think it's a bit more complicated than hair at this point.

meet-the-scottish-man-who-rubbed-a-big-b

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villakram said:

Or... this puts all the reds under the beds nonsense on the back burner and allows him to do as he wishes aka continue what he's doing right now. 

I think that is exceedingly wishful thinking. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, villakram said:

Screw NATO and the warmongering scum leaching off it.

You might not care for NATO, but the protection of NATO treaties is currently the only thing stopping Russia invading other countries in Eastern Europe like they did Crimea. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, magnkarl said:

ouldn't we be focusing on how we can influence politics rather than ridiculing a guy over his tone of voice and hair?

7 hours ago, magnkarl said:

it's just a woman in a pantsuit who had no real policy change or positivity to bring to the table.

:crylaugh:

MRA confirmed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

The Washington Post has Ryan on tape last year admitting that the Russians were paying Trump. I can't wait for everything to come out, the whole lot of them should be behind bars.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_transcript-6pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.c1d65fbd2ca7

A month before Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination, one of his closest allies in Congress — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy — made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

:crylaugh:

MRA confirmed.

Not really, I get that everyone's upset about Trump, but honestly a lot of what you people are complaining about happened in pretty much every presidential period ever. Trump is nothing new in the department of bad manners, stupid decisions and so on. Did everyone forget how Bush Jr lied to a whole world about having proof of WMD's in Iraq? Did everyone forget that Clinton had sex with his secretary in his own office and lied about it on TV?

I for one just think that both of the candidates for this year's election were horrid. If we could have a good alternative to Trump we'd probably see that person, woman or man, in office right now. People seem to be turning a blind eye to all the crap that Clinton had in her wardrobe, but I assure you she'd be in as much trouble as Trump is in now. A colleague of mine who specilises in American politics put it pretty bluntly in a lecture I sat in on the other day - by 1990's standards Clinton would be impeached for the whole email thing while Trump would be in deep proverbial excrement for cronyism.

22 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Not really, I get that everyone's upset about Trump, but honestly a lot of what you people are complaining about happened in pretty much every presidential period ever. Trump is nothing new in the department of bad manners, stupid decisions and so on. Did everyone forget how Bush Jr lied to a whole world about having proof of WMD's in Iraq? Did everyone forget that Clinton had sex with his secretary in his own office and lied about it on TV?

I for one just think that both of the candidates for this year's election were horrid. If we could have a good alternative to Trump we'd probably see that person, woman or man, in office right now. People seem to be turning a blind eye to all the crap that Clinton had in her wardrobe, but I assure you she'd be in as much trouble as Trump is in now. A colleague of mine who specilises in American politics put it pretty bluntly in a lecture I sat in on the other day - by 1990's standards Clinton would be impeached for the whole email thing while Trump would be in deep proverbial excrement for cronyism.

I think you have to accept that football supporters live in a world where the hyperbole is always on steroids, time re-writes history, and all the bad guys are easily identified by their hair.

It is surprising that there is such an enthusiasm for an impeachment, but as usual the media have led the way, by, as usual, announcing that impeachment never happens, but then telling the story like it was likely anyway.

But as someone pointed out a long time ago, if there were ever to be a right-wing coup in America, the best method would be to get a populist voted in and then get rid of him/her, so you could move your fascist in.

The desperation to see Trump replaced by Pence seems misguided to say the least. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I think you have to accept that football supporters live in a world where the hyperbole is always on steroids, time re-writes history, and all the bad guys are easily identified by their hair.

'You're all a bunch of thick clearings in the woods'

Â