U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can't wait for Rupert Murdoch to die. 

There was a pundit last night speculating that if Fox news goes up in flames it could bring down the whole Murdoch empire because Fox News brings in most of the revenue for the organization.

They are desperately trying to keep a lid on the sexual harassment cases and there is a threat from even more far right media splitting off some of their audience. A company buying up local affiliates are said to believe that Fox is not right wing enough - a sort of Breitbart for TV. I guess they were really fair and balanced all along.

Regardless of recommendation I was going to fire Comey...Knowing, there was no good time to do it. And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story...

NBC link

• Like 1

Trump said of Comey: “He’s a showboat, he’s a grandstander, the FBI has been in turmoil. You know that, I know that. Everybody knows that.

He's such a word removed. Just such an unbelievable word removed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's such a word removed. Just such an unbelievable word removed.

True. 

Edited by mjmooney

The end is near for Trump. "Art of the Deal", don't make me laugh. This has been the most high profile personal **** up I've ever seen. He might have been able to weasel his way out of this if he just STFU. But he's so monumentally stupid, he's gone and put himself in pretty serious legal trouble with a prison sentence involved if it's as bad as it's looking. The new FBI head made it sound like they've got something on him. It's gonna be a really long weekend.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

I predict Mike Pence's office will leak something late this afternoon about how he's beginning to have questions, then Ryan will announce his support for an independent investigation, increasing the pressure on McConnell, and giving cover to the rank and file GOP to jump ship.

Trump will be isolated along with anyone in his cabinet who is involved in any of the criminal activity and the current obstruction of justice.

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I predict Mike Pence's office will leak something late this afternoon about how he's beginning to have questions, then Ryan will announce his support for an independent investigation, increasing the pressure on McConnell, and giving cover to the rank and file GOP to jump ship.

Trump will be isolated along with anyone in his cabinet who is involved in any of the criminal activity and the current obstruction of justice.

Nah. Pence keeps lying. Ryan already said no to independent prosecutor.

This goes all the way down to Hatch.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nah. Pence keeps lying.

If he does so knowingly, he's got problems too. My President Ryan prediction may come true. He's got an opportunity here to save himself.

I would predict that Trump goes nowhere for at least a couple of years, if not the end of the term, until there's been enough foundations and firewalls established with the rest of the Republican party to shuffle him quietly off without harming the party further.

Unless someone finds something so enormous and so watertight against him they have to act to bin him, he's going nowhere without carefully laid plans to save face for everyone else.

• Like 1

Donald has claimed that he invented the term "prime the pump".

Prime time idiot

President Donald Trump took credit in an interview for coining the phrase "prime the pump," seemingly unaware that it was popularised during the Great Depression more than 80 years ago and has been used frequently ever since.

"I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good," Mr Trump told "The Economist" magazine in an interview published on Thursday. The interviewers refrained from correcting the president about a well-worn metaphor for generating faster growth.

Those who run the Merriam-Webster dictionary quickly tweeted that the phrase "priming the pump" has been around since the early 1800s.

Next up, the inventor of the bicycle kick.  He lies like it is a reflex, he just can't help himself.  It is also why he will get caught sooner or later.  There is no way a man that stupid is capable of covering up all the dodgy stuff he has been doing.

Just for clarity, his full quote about it goes as follows:

"Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven't heard it. I mean, I just… I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It's what you have to do."

What is even funnier is that he has used that phrase himself in speeches months ago.  He really is a grade A moron.

Edited by Straggler
to add more stuff.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I would predict that Trump goes nowhere for at least a couple of years, if not the end of the term, until there's been enough foundations and firewalls established with the rest of the Republican party to shuffle him quietly off without harming the party further.

Unless someone finds something so enormous and so watertight against him they have to act to bin him, he's going nowhere without carefully laid plans to save face for everyone else.

it begins with the Dems winning the house in 2018. The Senate is out of reach unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ryan already said no to independent prosecutor.

He also said no to the speaker job before taking it. Circumstances can shift quick in politics, especially this insane story!

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'm not so sure about that. It looks like if anyone is guilty, they're attached to the Trump campaign and his immediate staff, meaning nobody on Capitol Hill is worried, unless Trump has a card up his sleeve. But he's too dumb for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Hopefully we get speaker Pelosi next year :)

I wonder if she'd want the job back. Probably, I suppose.

Edited by maqroll

Â