U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Apologies, I thought it was in the tweet… $787m

tbh, I didn't click to read the entire tweet, so I'm glad they didn't include it and make me look a fool.

Seems like another company is suing them as well, hopefully that one goes to trial so we can see them all squirming while they try not to perjure themselves.  An on-air apology and admission would be good too.

Edited by sharkyvilla

The worse thing is, they’ll likely just continue with a similar strategy going forwards on other topics around elections and their viewers will soak it all up and not take a blind bit of notice of the big payout on this settlement and not wonder why they settled.

12 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Wonder how much they got.   I hope it was a lot.   Dominion's reputation is permanently shot among the MAGA folk, I suspect.   It would have been a lot better for the country (and probably the world) if this had gone to trial, regardless of the outcome.

Easy, Dominion just rebrands itself as 'F**k Yeah! Inc.', the Democrats will think it's funny and ironic, and the Republicans will just high five each other, drink beer and shoot cans off a stick in their back garden with an assault rifle. I should be in PR, me.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Easy, Dominion just rebrands itself as 'F**k Yeah! Inc.', the Democrats will think it's funny and ironic, and the Republicans will just high five each other, drink beer and shoot cans off a stick in their back garden with an assault rifle. I should be in PR, me.

I'll happily cast my vote into the new "Anti Woke Machine"

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Iowa senate voting to allow 14 year old children to work night shifts and jobs they currently can't. 

What a country. 

I saw this, meat packers' lobbyists brought it to bear.

12 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Tbh I wish Fox would have been taken to court, that way that excrement of a man Carlsson and that heinous woman Ingraham would have to testify under oath and likely be charged with perjury. With this outcome we don't get to shine the light down the hallways of one of the worst propaganda networks in the free world.

That's why I hope the other company takes them all the way through court, so that Fox will have both weaseled out by paying out on this one and then also having the top brass go under oath in the other trial.  Makes them look doubly shite.

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

That's why I hope the other company takes them all the way through court, so that Fox will have both weaseled out by paying out on this one and then also having the top brass go under oath in the other trial.  Makes them look doubly shite.

Hopefully they're batshit crazy enough to think they have to tell the truth once they've sworn on The Bible. But I doubt it, I would expect them to lie, lie and lie again. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Hopefully they're batshit crazy enough to think they have to tell the truth once they've sworn on The Bible. But I doubt it, I would expect them to lie, lie and lie again. 

Their adherence to the ten commandments leaves a lot to be desired, I suspect. 

Â