U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I think it's unlikely he will appeal tbh , he's sorta got away with the more serious charge (rape) and the deformation was essentially about him saying he'd never met her ? as some have said it  probably won't hurt him enough to ruin his chances of winning the nomination .. an appeal just brings it back to the publics attention and reaffirms the  accusation / actual crime with 12 months to go for the nomination

Doesn’t he always appeal, no matter the case or verdict. It’s his way of dragging it out until they give up.

23 minutes ago, AXD said:

Doesn’t he always appeal, no matter the case or verdict. It’s his way of dragging it out until they give up.

He’s unlikely to be granted an appeal given the unanimous verdict and the fact he chose not to speak at the trial. 

13 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Will that be enough to prevent him from running for President now?

Of course not. But I think the impact of all of these cases will sink his chance to be re-elected. Could be a biden landslide and then finally the US can move on.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

He’s unlikely to be granted an appeal given the unanimous verdict and the fact he chose not to speak at the trial. 

Which will lead to his next line, "They won't even let me appeal, this is corrupt blah blah"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Could be a biden landslide and then finally the US can move on.

Disagree with the former, agree with the second part. A lot of Americans view Biden as too old. A lot view Trump as unelectable. Take Trump out of the equation and it’s no way a Biden landslide.

16 minutes ago, blandy said:

Disagree with the former, agree with the second part. A lot of Americans view Biden as too old. A lot view Trump as unelectable. Take Trump out of the equation and it’s no way a Biden landslide.

Trump is nailed on the Republican candidate. It doesn't matter that he is an official sex pest he will outgun Desantis. All major republican leaders have fallen into iine and will back orangeface again. All Biden has to do is not fall over and dribble and he will get relected.

54 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

All Biden has to do is not fall over and dribble

I dunno. No one can take their health for granted and even the POTUS, with all the medical expertise....Yes, Trump's as likely to succumb to illness and stuff, too.

Bit too far out still to be as sure with the predictions, maybe?

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Trump is nailed on the Republican candidate. It doesn't matter that he is an official sex pest he will outgun Desantis. All major republican leaders have fallen into iine and will back orangeface again. All Biden has to do is not fall over and dribble and he will get relected.

I think I've identified a problem. 

I've a feeling Biden will pick a successor as his running mate and retire after a year or so of the next administration. 

Does that rule out Kamala Harris though? 

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

I dunno. No one can take their health for granted and even the POTUS, with all the medical expertise....Yes, Trump's as likely to succumb to illness and stuff, too.

If Trump doesn’t win the Republican primary he will go down fighting and damaging the eventual Republican nominee in the primary process so badly with attacks and we are know his supporters will follow him to the ends of the Earth and end up not voting or something else we haven’t thought of.  I think he’s going to blow up the Republican side through it being him or destroying the nominee if it isn’t him putting off independents and devout Trump voters.

Will Trumps offspring (some of who seem equally heinous) hold as much sway over his brainwashed following as Trump himself? 

Edited by sidcow

16 minutes ago, blandy said:

Can you imagine the response from the nutjobs at Q if that happened this side of any election.  

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've a feeling Biden will pick a successor as his running mate and retire after a year or so of the next administration. 

I remember there was a racist trope during his election campaign that he was some sort of a Trojan Horse to deliver Kamla Harris as President mid term. 

Surely any preconceived plan to only serve one year and then hand over the Presidency would need to be presented to the electorate before hand. 

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Will Trumps offspring (some of who seem equally heinous) hold as much sway over his brainwashed following as Trump himself? 

Not a chance. 

29 minutes ago, blandy said:

Kryten:  I'll stake my reputation on it.

Rimmer : Kryten, you haven't got a reputation.

Kryten : No, but I'm hoping to acquire one after this escapade.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Will Trumps offspring (some of whom seem equally heinous) hold as much sway over his brainwashed following as Trump himself? 

From what I’ve seen and read over the last few years…not at all.  

Their influence is only there because of their dad plus Ivanka has moved away from the political spotlight, Eric has always struggled to get any real respect from Trump supporters so only really Don Jr who seems more interested in the fame part of it rather than be that interested in using it to gain a position in office.  That’s why the extreme right wing hope was the next person to come through would take the MAGA mantle but they keep being so bad like DeSantis currently is, so currently there doesn’t look like a successor when Trump does die because he won’t give it up while he’s alive, too much of a grift available.

If the Dems were remotely strategic, they'd be having conversations with Governor Pritzker of Illinois. Normal age, midwesterny Middle America persona, he's a billionaire but he comes across as kind of relatable. He's electable.

Governor JB Pritzker official portrait 2019.jpg

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Haha, they said that he wouldn't run a second time and that Harris was the Presidential candidate in waiting for the next election

14 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I remember there was a racist trope during his election campaign that he was some sort of a Trojan Horse to deliver Kamla Harris as President mid term. 

Surely any preconceived plan to only serve one year and then hand over the Presidency would need to be presented to the electorate before hand. 

Maybe, but if they wanted to do it they wouldn’t tell people because of the backlash and then they would just do it when ready and say there is precedence for resigning before the end of term and VP taking over in the Nixon/Ford term but obviously for different reasons.  

The backlash though would be immense and Dems wouldn’t get the next term imo whatever happens because it would be seen as deception.

I don’t believe any law has been implemented since to stop it happening.  I don’t think they’d plan it anyway, Biden does two terms or dies through it.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Â