U.S. Politics

maqroll

28 minutes ago, choffer said:

All kicking off in Tennessee just now. D members being expelled from the (state) house for getting a bit unruly in a gun control debate. 

The GOP has almost stopped even pretending that they believe in democracy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They voted to expel the black guys but not the white lady. 

This is pure good ole boy racism, they can't tolerate intelligent and dynamic black men in the state house, it's as simple as that.

Other GOP majority legislatures looking on closely..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

They voted to expel the black guys but not the white lady. 

This is pure good ole boy racism, they can't tolerate intelligent and dynamic black men in the state house, it's as simple as that.

Other GOP majority legislatures looking on closely..

I just listened to something saying their counties have to appoint somebody now before a possible special election and given they (they individual counties) are Dem controlled they will likely just appoint the same two guys.  So the GOP are their own downfall because these guys get back in anyway.  

Apparently two things which to add to it, (upside) that you can’t be expelled for the same offence and (downside) somebody mentioned there maybe some legal challenge around whether those counties can appoint now or whether there is a future date (I didn’t fully understand this part as it wasn’t explained well and brief, I guess unknown and untested so hard to explain).  

Sounds like the two guys will be back quickly.  I’m sure there are more twists and turns to come but the whole thing is a disgrace.  I thought it couldn’t get any worse on the situation but how they thought expelling 2 black men and keeping 1 white woman wasn’t blatant yesterday was just disgusting.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

I just listened to something saying their counties have to appoint somebody now before a possible special election and given they (they individual counties) are Dem controlled they will likely just appoint the same two guys.  So the GOP are their own downfall because these guys get back in anyway.  

Apparently two things which to add to it, (upside) that you can’t be expelled for the same offence and (downside) somebody mentioned there maybe some legal challenge around whether those counties can appoint now or whether there is a future date (I didn’t fully understand this part as it wasn’t explained well and brief, I guess unknown and untested so hard to explain).  

Sounds like the two guys will be back quickly.  I’m sure there are more twists and turns to come but the whole thing is a disgrace.  I thought it couldn’t get any worse on the situation but how they thought expelling 2 black men and keeping 1 white woman wasn’t blatant yesterday was just disgusting.

Yeah, I saw that info last night before bed. Encouraging. But this entire episode is a travesty and has already backfired on the rednecks. It's an international news story now and will only further galvanize the Left.

• Like 1

US Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has said he believed luxury trips taken with a billionaire Republican donor followed guidelines.

One trip, to Indonesia in 2019, may have cost as much as $500,000 (£402,725), according to the non-profit news website.

BBC News has not independently verified ProPublica's reporting, which sought to contrast Mr Thomas's public comments with lavish details of the trips and gifts. 

"I prefer RV parks. I prefer the Walmart parking lots to the beaches and things like that," he told a documentary about his life. "I come from regular stock and I prefer that - I prefer being around that."

(link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65215407)

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

In issuing this pardon, Abbott is essentially issuing every armed and angry Texas redneck a license to kill their perceived political enemies.

So jump red lights, drive into a BLM March and then when they react it’s classed as self defence to shoot dead (5 bullets) a protester who also has a gun.  This after allegedly posting online that you can do this.  Then the Texas Gov wants to pardon you.  If I understand this correctly as above, I’m lost for words!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Who knew Republicans had such concern for New York City residents?

I know, especially after MTG’s warm welcome by locals last week in New York when she went to protest Trump’s indictment 😂

• Like 1

Â