Jack Wilshere

sir_gary_cahill

Been an eventful week for Jack.. first caught smoking and also seems to be under the media spotlight for his comment that England players should be born in England (regarding Adnan Januzaj potentially playing for England)

I'd say Ramsey has been more impressive on the field too... there is something about him (Wilshere) which means I can't like him not sure what it is.

Yes Ramsey has been better this season and is a more likeable character.  Nothing wrong with a bit of cockney arrogance though. Wilshere is still only 21. We were talking last season about our young players but they are all older than Wilshere. hes been around a while, had a lot of injury problems. I think he is a major talent and I would rather England build their future around him than stick with lampard and Gerrard who really should have been discarded by now.

Been an eventful week for Jack.. first caught smoking and also seems to be under the media spotlight for his comment that England players should be born in England (regarding Adnan Januzaj potentially playing for England)

I'd say Ramsey has been more impressive on the field too... there is something about him (Wilshere) which means I can't like him not sure what it is.

He didn't say that though.

This is verbatim. Jack Wilshere: "No, for me if you are English you are English and you play for England. The only people who should play for England are English people. If you live in England for five years it doesn’t make you English. You shouldn’t play ... it doesn’t mean you can play for a country. If I went to Spain and lived there for five years I am not going to play for Spain."

Defining nationality is obviously difficult as ultimately it will always come down to how the individual culturally aligns himself. However, Wilshere did not say anything suggesting that people who aren't born in England aren't English/ or shouldn't play for England. His words are being twisted. He is merely against the 'nationalisation' of players who are clearly foreign and are either just not good enough to play for their own respective countries, such as Arteta or Cudicini, or choose 'nationalisation' to play for a 'better' country as our media embarrassingly assume Januzaj will do. Wilshere isn't especially eloquent but I agree with his point in principle. 

He does need to shut up, stop smoking and concentrate on playing football though.

Kevin Pietersen on Twitter.  Shots fired!  

.@JackWilshere -interested to know how you define foreigner...? Would that include me, Strauss, Trott, Prior, Justin Rose, Froome, Mo Farah?

He also forgot Bradley Wiggins. 

Kevin Pietersen on Twitter.  Shots fired!  

.@JackWilshere -interested to know how you define foreigner...? Would that include me, Strauss, Trott, Prior, Justin Rose, Froome, Mo Farah?

He also forgot Bradley Wiggins. 

Then KP should read what Jack Wilshere actually said. He doesn't attempt to redefine the contested concept of nationality at all. He merely says that 'only people that are English should play for England'. I highly doubt Januzaj perceives himself as English after living here for about two years, so I believe that is a more than fair retort to the question.

He didn't say that though.

This is verbatim. Jack Wilshere: "No, for me if you are English you are English and you play for England. The only people who should play for England are English people. If you live in England for five years it doesn’t make you English. You shouldn’t play ... it doesn’t mean you can play for a country. If I went to Spain and lived there for five years I am not going to play for Spain."

Defining nationality is obviously difficult as ultimately it will always come down to how the individual culturally aligns himself. However, Wilshere did not say anything suggesting that people who aren't born in England aren't English/ or shouldn't play for England. His words are being twisted. He is merely against the 'nationalisation' of players who are clearly foreign and are either just not good enough to play for their own respective countries, such as Arteta or Cudicini, or choose 'nationalisation' to play for a 'better' country as our media embarrassingly assume Januzaj will do. Wilshere isn't especially eloquent but I agree with his point in principle.

He does need to shut up, stop smoking and concentrate on playing football though.

You infered all that from what he said!? You're explanation is quite eloquent.

But, looking again at what he said, plus the fact he's a gobshite with two brain cells, I doubt very much what he actually meant is what you've stated.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

A whiner, pretty talented footballer on the pitch and yet very stupid off the pitch.

If I was being charitable I would say his latest comments struck me as coming from the old Viz "Victorian Dad" character. If I wasnt I would say they come as across as xenophobic and probably racist.

Jack Wilshere is the most overrated footballer in England.

He's never had a full season fit though has he and many of us thought Delph would never be worth his transfer fee until he actually was fit and got a full season under his belt.

A whiner, pretty talented footballer on the pitch and yet very stupid off the pitch.

If I was being charitable I would say his latest comments struck me as coming from the old Viz "Victorian Dad" character. If I wasnt I would say they come as across as xenophobic and probably racist.

Xenophobic and racist?! God give it a rest and cut the PC shit out. Embarrassing post

I honestly believe if Wilshire wasn't playing in London he wouldn't be anywhere near this England team. He's probably the weakest Arsenal midfielder and I've seen him play about 6 times this season snd he's been awful in every game.

Edited by Oaks

Â