Jack Wilshere

sir_gary_cahill

It's a debate. It's not stirring up.

Kevin Nolan is a better player and has had a better season than this Wilshire chap.

More goals, more assists all while captaining a team.

Frank Lampard is off the scale.

But you've just said Lambert should have put a man purely to mark Wilshere. So you must rate him?
Nope, just wondered if Lambert had bought into the hype ? He didn't put a man on him and it didnt appear to matter.

We were within minutes of taking a point but for sloppy full back play and marking for corzolas winner.

So Lambert's tactics weren't crap then?

Hmmm thought as much. What on earth does Lambert do ? His tactics are just crap

What's wrong with standing off a player who is nothing more than average?

Nothing more than average? Jesus Christ please remember he is only 21 years old, he is superb

It was an ironic comment based on CI's assessment of Wilshere (which I think is laughable)

I rate him highly. He's an excellent prospect

Edited by Stevo985

Nothing more than average? Jesus Christ please remember he is only 21 years old, he is superb

What does his age have to do with it? Are you saying he is superb for his age?

It means that he will improve over the next few years and I'm certain that he'll be the best midfielder in world football by then

It's a debate. It's not stirring up.

Kevin Nolan is a better player and has had a better season than this Wilshire chap.

More goals, more assists all while captaining a team.

Frank Lampard is off the scale.

But you've just said Lambert should have put a man purely to mark Wilshere. So you must rate him?
Nope, just wondered if Lambert had bought into the hype ? He didn't put a man on him and it didnt appear to matter.

We were within minutes of taking a point but for sloppy full back play and marking for corzolas winner.

So Lambert's tactics weren't crap then?

It was an ironic comment based on CI's assessment of Wilshere (which I think is laughable)

I rate him highly. He's an excellent prospect

Oh right sorry

Ha, CI gets completely tied in knots through Stevo pointing out some ridiculous contradictions, but still doesn't back down.  Makes the difference between fishing for a reaction and having a genuine opinion seem very clear!

Also, what's with this attitude that someone can be a brilliant prospect without showing that they have ability now, as if someone being a 'prospect' prevents them from being a good player already?  I agree with those who think Wilshere could well be one of the best midfielders in Europe, and that's because he's already shown that he's an excellent player.  He's nowhere near the likes of Xavi, Iniesta etc., but when we mention names like that we're talking about some of the best midfielders that the world has ever seen.  Jack Wilshere has just turned 21 and has already had a 14-month injury layoff.  Factors such as his young age, relative lack of experience, and being at Arsenal, lead me to think he will improve further, and he's already a superb player.  All in my opinion, of course.

Ha, CI gets completely tied in knots through Stevo pointing out some ridiculous contradictions, but still doesn't back down.  Makes the difference between fishing for a reaction and having a genuine opinion seem very clear!

I know I'm not going to get an answer but I can't help poking him.

It's like picking at a scab

Wilshere is an amazing player though. Will easily be playing for one of the top clubs. Comparing him to Bale whilst Bale is in a hot-streak is stupid, not only are they completely different players, but Wilshere is still coming back from an injury where he was out for what, over 12months?  Wilshere would really come into his own in a better team than Arsenal. 

Steveo are you trying to tell me bale is not top 10 and inferior to Wilshire :-D

Nice dodging of the question you still haven't answered

Am I telling you Bale isn't top 10? Top 10 what?

He's better than Wilshere right now. They're very different players, but Bale is better.

Edited by Stevo985

Exactly.

A more valid comparison than Buffon and Xavi would be Xavi and CRonaldo.

Both midfielders (just about), both excellent players. But it's hard to compare them because they play the game very differently.

Another lacklustre display today from the worlds best midfield playmaker

Playing against a class side in a very poor team I think

But if he's the best midfielder in world football it wouldn't matter that much, surely?

Â