Jack Wilshere

sir_gary_cahill

i know the queen doesnt have an english back ground, but then again, i think the whole royal family are a waste of fresh air and tax payers money, im not a royalist :) although the fact that the next king of england is a villa fan amuses me with the thought that itll p*ss alot of football fans off

im not saying surnames should be the only deciding factor, but its common sense that if someone is born in another country with a name native to that country, maybe even of a religion native to that country, with a cultural upbringing on that country, then they clearly arent english so just because england may be a better national side than their original country (hard to believe) it still shouldnt entitle them to play for england, but then again, this country bends over backwards for foreigners and its forbidden to defend otherwise :)

I hope you are joking. If anything, the English empire has forced people all over the world to bend over, so to take some low paid taxi drivers, nurses back with them to service England is the least one could expect. But hell no if one of their kids grows up to become a pro footballer and wants to represent England?? Now Januzaj is a special case, and I feel it would be strange for a player like him to chose to play for England. The Brazilians everybody is referring to, are not good enough to play for Brazil, let alone England, so in their case it is just a chance to play at the World Cup.

The 'British' empire is history and things have been different to those days for a long, long time. The country bends over backwards for foreigners in the modern Britain, unfortunately certain groups are keen to use that to their less than all inclusive ambitions. The idea of being secular is lovely, but really it's hippy speak and we unfortunately don't live in that fantasy peaceful world which would be the only place for secularity to work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1054909/Have-babies-Muslims-UK-hate-fanatic-says-warning-comes-9-11-UK.html

I don't understand why you quote 'British' empire, like it never existed. So you mean that this empire is history, but forget to tell us how recent this history is. It was in 1997 that the official end of empire occured with Hong Kong going back to China, but unofficially... But of course, lets not forget all the Indian taxi drivers that drive you drunk home, all the Angolan nurses that take care of you at the hospital, all the other foreigners that came from all over the British empire. They came from countries that were looted by the British, and to be honest, you should ask yourself this question: Why the f*** would these people and their kids with non-British names, whose ancestors the British-named soldiers tortured, jailed and killed, want to represent any of the British provinces in football or any other kind of sport? I mean, first you take their wealth, now you take their most talented players, that would improve your national team, and still...you complain??

Btw, thanks for showing your true colors with that article. VillaTalk is not the place to hate Muslims. Go to EDL.

Where is the hate? I was illustrating that as Andy said we're very soft to a fault these days, and as he also wrote you cannot say anything about it these days without being labelled. I think point proven here.

You seem to think of the colonial rule of the Empire in extremely bad terms, Britain brought civilisation to areas where there wasn't any and moved them forwards, much of that legacy those countries are proud of and hold onto to this day. It wasn't all bad at all. Look at post colonial Africa and how many decades they've regressed without a structured governance system. Anyway this has gone a bit off point and you haven't exactly disagreed by saying that Britain doesn't bend over backwards for foreigners have you, if anything you have backed the point up.

:crylaugh: Jesus Wept

Edited by Meath_Villan
  • Like 4

i know the queen doesnt have an english back ground, but then again, i think the whole royal family are a waste of fresh air and tax payers money, im not a royalist :) although the fact that the next king of england is a villa fan amuses me with the thought that itll p*ss alot of football fans off

im not saying surnames should be the only deciding factor, but its common sense that if someone is born in another country with a name native to that country, maybe even of a religion native to that country, with a cultural upbringing on that country, then they clearly arent english so just because england may be a better national side than their original country (hard to believe) it still shouldnt entitle them to play for england, but then again, this country bends over backwards for foreigners and its forbidden to defend otherwise :)

I hope you are joking. If anything, the English empire has forced people all over the world to bend over, so to take some low paid taxi drivers, nurses back with them to service England is the least one could expect. But hell no if one of their kids grows up to become a pro footballer and wants to represent England?? Now Januzaj is a special case, and I feel it would be strange for a player like him to chose to play for England. The Brazilians everybody is referring to, are not good enough to play for Brazil, let alone England, so in their case it is just a chance to play at the World Cup.

The 'British' empire is history and things have been different to those days for a long, long time. The country bends over backwards for foreigners in the modern Britain, unfortunately certain groups are keen to use that to their less than all inclusive ambitions. The idea of being secular is lovely, but really it's hippy speak and we unfortunately don't live in that fantasy peaceful world which would be the only place for secularity to work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1054909/Have-babies-Muslims-UK-hate-fanatic-says-warning-comes-9-11-UK.html

I don't understand why you quote 'British' empire, like it never existed. So you mean that this empire is history, but forget to tell us how recent this history is. It was in 1997 that the official end of empire occured with Hong Kong going back to China, but unofficially... But of course, lets not forget all the Indian taxi drivers that drive you drunk home, all the Angolan nurses that take care of you at the hospital, all the other foreigners that came from all over the British empire. They came from countries that were looted by the British, and to be honest, you should ask yourself this question: Why the f*** would these people and their kids with non-British names, whose ancestors the British-named soldiers tortured, jailed and killed, want to represent any of the British provinces in football or any other kind of sport? I mean, first you take their wealth, now you take their most talented players, that would improve your national team, and still...you complain??

Btw, thanks for showing your true colors with that article. VillaTalk is not the place to hate Muslims. Go to EDL.

Ah, yes Angola, that well-known British colony. 

So, every Briton is responsible for colonization, torture and murder? Thanks for letting us know. And everyone who reads the Daily Mail an islamophobic EDL supporter? 

But of course, these insulting gross generalisations are okay, because they're in the name of tolerance, right? 

Time to shut this thread for a while. It's gone massively off-topic and stands as a pretty good example of why you can't have a sensible discussion about nationality or immigration on a public forum. 

The evil Muslim conspiracy to have children. What a bunch of devious bastards!

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-150

I still can't get the over that Kenny is having a go at others when Andy said 'if you don't have an English surname you shouldn't represent England as you're clearly not English'. That point was far enough from sensible before people waded in with the actual discussion.

Edited by StefanAVFC

What are you blaming me for? It was an ignorant post but it still didn't merit a sweeping response that implied he was not only an islamophobic EDL supporter but condoned and if you read it word for word should be held responsible for colonization, torture and murder. 

Now I was being sensible saying this has gone way off-topic and should be left alone but of course you had to wade in with some juvenile posts as you seem to on most threads. 

Serious question, can we block people on this forum so we don't see their posts?

Ah, yes Angola, that well-known British colony. 

So, every Briton is responsible for colonization, torture and murder? Thanks for letting us know. And everyone who reads the Daily Mail an islamophobic EDL supporter? 

But of course, these insulting gross generalisations are okay, because they're in the name of tolerance, right? 

Time to shut this thread for a while. It's gone massively off-topic and stands as a pretty good example of why you can't have a sensible discussion about nationality or immigration on a public forum. 

The example with Angola was just to back up my point to show that Britain are taking low paid workers from other countries to do you and other people in Britain a service.

Check this out, from CNN.

Where is the hate? I was illustrating that as Andy said we're very soft to a fault these days, and as he also wrote you cannot say anything about it these days without being labelled. I think point proven here.

You seem to think of the colonial rule of the Empire in extremely bad terms, Britain brought civilisation to areas where there wasn't any and moved them forwards, much of that legacy those countries are proud of and hold onto to this day. It wasn't all bad at all. Look at post colonial Africa and how many decades they've regressed without a structured governance system. Anyway this has gone a bit off point and you haven't exactly disagreed by saying that Britain doesn't bend over backwards for foreigners have you, if anything you have backed the point up.

What is civilisation to you? It is fairly well documented that colonialism and occupation sucks for most, if not all, countries and people that experience it. The British Empire brougth with it looting and a way of ruling a country that is quite different to the one in Britain. There were no elections, and the local support the British had were paid for or forced into cooperation. This is what we today call corruption, something that still exist today, so I would say you are wrong. I can think of the Abu Ghraib prisoners as some foreinger that have bent over for foreign ruling (in this case USA (mainly british named rulers, who made a country from a place colonized by the British) and Britain). Google can show you pictures. I have made my point anyway now.

The media and government propaganda against Muslims has been one of the most successful campaigns ever.

I am not sure that I have seen a government 'propaganda' against Islam and its followers, but there you go. 

The right wing press, in the form of the Daily Mail, seem to be a bit over the top on the subject, but then we have The Guardian, with its anti-British mantra to compensate. It's not the Daily Mail's fault that they are 'popular' press, while The Guardian appears to be read by a handful of schoolteachers, librarians and (cough) academics.

And if the VT left's obvious hatred of the Jewish state is a measure of the British left as a whole, then there appears to be plenty of balance going on.

I say that there is good and bad everywhere, and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

• 2 months later...
Â