Coventry City

maqroll

Wasps have released a statement saying Cov pulled out of negotiations. 

Strange lot, the Sky Blues. Their owners are a bunch of shysters that they're basically stuck with, so Wasps are the easy target. Many of their fans drive, or are driven in a bus with flavoured windows, by the Ricoh everyday, it must wind (or wind 😉) them up terribly. 

Having seen some of the vandalism and the graffiti directed at Wasps at the stadium in areas where children could see it, when they played there, I hope they stay at the sty for good, because there is no way on earth that a stadium will be built if SISU are anything to do with it.

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i read it as the uni wants to do it and Warwick uni did have a proper **** ton of money, I was working there 3/4 years back on a project which was 1 of 5 live projects going on at that time, the figure they were floating around was £1bn to be spent on construction there over the next 10 years and they were trying to put a framework in place for it all, that said I think a lot of it would be tied up in various buildings for the engineering partners they have there, JLR, Honeywell, Siemans etc

why they would then spunk £200m of that on a stadium is another thing, they do have a fair few function rooms up there and hotel facilities etc so in theory they could build something that is actually used 7 days a week which is the downfall of most stadiums

No universities have money any more.

• 4 months later...
On 28/07/2020 at 21:09, Demitri_C said:

I think the rivalry from our end anyway has died down a lot since the premier league days.  Most have forgotten who they are.

I've been a Villa fan for almost 10 years now, and I've only just learned that they aren't fond of us.

What's it all about anyway?

9 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I've been a Villa fan for almost 10 years now, and I've only just learned that they aren't fond of us.

What's it all about anyway?

Jealousy like every other club in the Midlands 

Possibly the least classy thing I've ever seen. 

And this from a supporter of a club who once had a director who compared David Gold to a pig needing to be wrestled in mud. 

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Haha living rent free in their heads :crylaugh:

Smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal time

It's hilarious reading the comments, Cov fans saying it's hilarious and that they love it, then turn around and say it doesn't even mention Villa when people take the piss out of it. Maybe I'm just to dumb to figure out the comic genius of "Stout of the Vanilla"?

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Thought that was our country in general.

As a former Door supervisor as it's now pronounced or should I say Bouncer as some of you may not know the new name for it, before Covid came along and David Cameron's broken Britain, clubs started to close down. Much of it in Sheffield was due to fighting also, as new rules and regulations got updated once the SIA licence came in, any club who has police called out on them for more than ten times in a so many month period faces closure and must change the doorman. I worked on a club Asian owned but Black folk and mixed races people came in to the club, they did not get along one bit, every week trouble, us doormen would be in the middle of a war, club was shut down with a year. I then moved across the road and Same thing happened there and I think I may have been the final resting place for that club as three lads tried dragging a woman off at end of the night, 8 man door team and not one of them helped me, let just say she got away alright they didn't although had my nose broke out of it lol. Every city has its tits and rocket polishers or complete disgusting sorry excuses for human life.

recently i started my course to get my SIA Licence back again, I do miss making people feel safe and be on the look out for those types I can't stand 

Anyway back to the football, yeah Coventry seems to be much further away than what our three main Midlands rivals are, they still on the inside of the Midlands though but they are not like they used to be are they?

Some of those rivalries back then though helped in someway make football the game it is today. I'm sure if Coventry entered the prem you guys who are feeling the no way now would soon be feeling old feelings pop back up and soon feel it as your in the stands trading insults again as though it were the 90s all over again lol.

I think you've taken my comment a bit too literally.  It was just a cheap joke about the lyrics of Ghost Town which was written about Coventry. 

I thought I'd take the "why do Cov hate us so much" chat into the Coventry thread before @limpid blows a fuse. 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think you've taken my comment a bit too literally.  It was just a cheap joke about the lyrics of Ghost Town which was written about Coventry. 

I thought I'd take the "why do Cov hate us so much" chat into the Coventry thread before @limpid blows a fuse. 

Sorry it seem your far more interested in Coventry than me after all Sidcow 🤣.

Edited by Dave-R

• 3 months later...

Wow fair play.

I think Aloisi and Boateng scoring twice each to beat us 4-1 was one of my most upsetting days watching football.

Robbie Keane going there for £6 million was such a bold move at the time but it worked out pretty well

Â