Coventry City

maqroll

16 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I imagine we’ll see a situation where Coventry play at home on the Tuesday night, Small Heath will be away, we’ll play our home fixture on the Wednesday night.

Throw in the occasional live tv fixture taking place on a Sunday or a Monday, that should minimise the frequency of it.

Yes but imagine the trouble when we are both home for  3pm game. It's going to kick off esp from their side.

26 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Yeah but there will only be 11 of them.

And they'll be easily recognizable in their gang colours

j0britainsgotretards_j_royal%20blue.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

it looks more like one of us taking the piss, given that it says #avfc - surely if it was genuine it would have #sotv

Yes, it makes more sense if it’s villa fans taking the piss. The original tweet suggested otherwise.

Still, Baggies won’t be happy that some Villa supporters have paired off small heath & Coventry together.

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yes, it makes more sense if it’s villa fans taking the piss. The original tweet suggested otherwise.

Still, Baggies won’t be happy that some Villa supporters have paired off small heath & Coventry together.

🙂 Well, they have shacked up together.......

• 1 year later...
45 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Playing at the sty again next season. Conflicting stories about from both them and Wasps over who pulled out of the negotiations about the Ricoh. Looking like they want to build a new stadium at Warwick Uni

I want lots of things I can’t afford as well...

• Like 1

i read it as the uni wants to do it and Warwick uni did have a proper **** ton of money, I was working there 3/4 years back on a project which was 1 of 5 live projects going on at that time, the figure they were floating around was £1bn to be spent on construction there over the next 10 years and they were trying to put a framework in place for it all, that said I think a lot of it would be tied up in various buildings for the engineering partners they have there, JLR, Honeywell, Siemans etc

why they would then spunk £200m of that on a stadium is another thing, they do have a fair few function rooms up there and hotel facilities etc so in theory they could build something that is actually used 7 days a week which is the downfall of most stadiums

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i read it as the uni wants to do it and Warwick uni did have a proper **** ton of money, I was working there 3/4 years back on a project which was 1 of 5 live projects going on at that time, the figure they were floating around was £1bn to be spent on construction there over the next 10 years and they were trying to put a framework in place for it all, that said I think a lot of it would be tied up in various buildings for the engineering partners they have there, JLR, Honeywell, Siemans etc

why they would then spunk £200m of that on a stadium is another thing, they do have a fair few function rooms up there and hotel facilities etc so in theory they could build something that is actually used 7 days a week which is the downfall of most stadiums

So a project to build a new ground, in partnership with another organisation who Coventry would be potentially financially dependent and which would be used for non football purposes to raise income. Hmmm why do I feel like I’ve heard of before...

• Like 1

I don’t mind Coventry anymore, they’ve had a crap deal since we relegate them. Funny when it happened and now it’s just a bit sad.

my hate order is

Blues

Wolves

Baggies

Coventry

Leicester my favourite “local” side along with Racing Club Warwick. 

Newcastle and Man City for prem bellends. Am sure Leeds might be added to that list soon enough. 

Â