Coventry City

maqroll

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Is it a rivalry? I dont know the geography that much

Even if it is its scummy

Derby, Coventry, Wolves, WBA, Villa, SHA, Leicester, Notts Forest, Leicester, Stoke are technically "Midlands" clubs, could probably be more closely categorised as East/West/South/North Midlands, but they are kinda broadly "Midlands" clubs.

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Is it a rivalry? I dont know the geography that much

Even if it is its scummy

16 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Derby, Coventry, Wolves, WBA, Villa, SHA, Leicester, Notts Forest, Leicester, Stoke are technically "Midlands" clubs, could probably be more closely categorised as East/West/South/North Midlands, but they are kinda broadly "Midlands" clubs.

They count Leicester as their biggest rivals I think.

We're right up there as well obviously.

I don't think anyone else particularly register as a rivalry

On 06/10/2021 at 09:43, Stevo985 said:

They're at the Ricoh. Although it's not called the Ricoh any more. It's the Coventry Building Society Arena these days

(they still call it the Ricoh)

Wait, what? 

I understand why. But why

Sponsor names are shit. Surely you’d want to call it something else?

6 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Wait, what? 

I understand why. But why

Sponsor names are shit. Surely you’d want to call it something else?

Well I guess when it was built it was called The Ricoh. It's never been called anything else to them so it's kinda just stuck.

I guess if the Emirates got renamed to a different sponsor tomorrow a lot of people would keep calling it the Emirates for a while

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well I guess when it was built it was called The Ricoh. It's never been called anything else to them so it's kinda just stuck.

I guess if the Emirates got renamed to a different sponsor tomorrow a lot of people would keep calling it the Emirates for a while

Sure. Like I said, I understand why. I just think it’s shit 😅

• Like 1

On 24/10/2021 at 17:11, MaVilla said:

What year did the highest number of the “Midlands” clubs all play together in the premier league or the old division one?

13 minutes ago, Withnail said:

What year did the highest number of the “Midlands” clubs all play together in the premier league or the old division one?

Don’t know if this answers your question but it’s gotta be close -

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Don’t know if this answers your question but it’s gotta be close -

I can vaguely remember those early 80's seasons when all 4 (Villa, Blue, Baggies, Wolves) were in the top flight. Forest were also always ever present until Clough's final year when they dropped (92/93.)

Frank Clark brought them straight back up though due in large part to the scoring prowess of one Stanley Victor Collymore. They actually went on the finish 3rd in the Premier League season 94/95.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 25/10/2021 at 08:26, Stevo985 said:

They count Leicester as their biggest rivals I think.

We're right up there as well obviously.

I don't think anyone else particularly register as a rivalry

Which Leicester? There’s two in that list

Edited by MNVillan

On 25/10/2021 at 13:13, PussEKatt said:

I know that Derby is at one extreme end of the Midlands,didnt know that Stoke counted as Midlands.

Part of the wider West Midlands region (as opposed to West Midlands County). The West Mids region is massive. 

I think Stoke class Wolves and WBA as rivals as they were historically part of Staffordshire. Whereas Villa, sha and Coventry are historically Warwickshire. 

• 1 month later...

Their board must be looking on at the plight of Wasps with massive **** grins on their faces. 

Maybe make a cheeky bid for The CBS Arena and offer them the opportunity to stay as tenants with the boot firmly on the other foot. 

Or wait for them to go under and get it for a song.  Who else is going to realistically use it assuming it's not allowed to be turned into housing as a community asset. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

I like the Coventry home kit this season,its very similar to their old Admiral kit from way back.

I think we've found a Vermin Felcher sympathiser lads!

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
Â