Coventry City

maqroll

I actually know nothing about Coventry. When they were relegated in 2001, they had been in the premier league for 34 years. They won the FA Cup in 1987 and played Bayern Munich in the European Fairs Cup.

They were relegated to League 2 in 2017 and then this Robins guy took over again.  He had previously been manager until shortly after he told everyone Coventry was in his blood and then moved to Huddersfield.

Nearly went into administration a couple of times.

That is a serious climb though from League 2 to second in the championship in 4/5 years

4 hours ago, YLN said:

I actually know nothing about Coventry. When they were relegated in 2001, they had been in the premier league for 34 years. They won the FA Cup in 1987 and played Bayern Munich in the European Fairs Cup.

They were relegated to League 2 in 2017 and then this Robins guy took over again.  He had previously been manager until shortly after he told everyone Coventry was in his blood and then moved to Huddersfield.

Nearly went into administration a couple of times.

That is a serious climb though from League 2 to second in the championship in 4/5 years

Not sure I agree with your opening sentence based on everything that's written afterwards 😃

Agree it is a huge achievement to be where they are - it will be very interesting to see how the season plays out for them from here 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Good luck to them the club has been through some absolute stinky times. Seriously depressing stuff.

Not sure why they hate us but honestly they deserve some good times 

You can't have met any of their supporters then, foul bunch of inbreds.

• Like 2

**** them. Worst bunch of fans for violence and thuggery towards us outside of small Heath. Absolute scum fans. They hate us for some unknown reasons but most Villa fans probably forgot they existed even when they were IN the PL. I think most fans who are maybe more sympathetic towards them these days are a little younger and don’t remember the shit their fans used to pull. I could be wrong.

• Like 2

My dislike of Cov has died down a little bit because simply I haven't really given them a second thought in about 20 years! I can't really class them as a rival anymore. 

One of my first ever non Villa memories was Cov winning the 1987 FA Cup. A great final! 

Robins has done a great job there and nice to see O'Hare playing for them

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

**** them. Worst bunch of fans for violence and thuggery towards us outside of small Heath. Absolute scum fans. They hate us for some unknown reasons but most Villa fans probably forgot they existed even when they were IN the PL. I think most fans who are maybe more sympathetic towards them these days are a little younger and don’t remember the shit their fans used to pull. I could be wrong.

It's a Warwickshire thing.   There are large overlaps in catchment areas once you get past the airport, and Coventry is a lot closer to east Birmingham than people who live in other parts of Brum seem to realise.  Sheldon to, say, Tile Hill is only about ten miles.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Good luck to them the club has been through some absolute stinky times. Seriously depressing stuff.

They’re a genuinely shit fan base. Some of the worst going. **** them. 

• Like 1

Every season in the championship there are one or two teams that start off really well, get talked about as promotion contenders but then eventually drop down the table, it's usually what happens to Bristol City, and will probably be what happens to Coventry this season. After nine games last season Reading were top of the table on 22 points.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

They’re a bunch of despicable, vile spunktrumpets. They hate us with a passion. I hope they drop like a stone. 

• Like 1

On 25/09/2021 at 20:51, useless said:

Every season in the championship there are one or two teams that start off really well, get talked about as promotion contenders but then eventually drop down the table, it's usually what happens to Bristol City, and will probably be what happens to Coventry this season. After nine games last season Reading were top of the table on 22 points.

Yeah right. You talk like they're suddenly going to find themselves getting absolutely spanked by someone......... Oh wait. 

I went to see them last Friday night against Peterbrough.

Have to say they were excellent so I was surprised to see their result last night.

Good to see them stabilising in the Championship to be honest. They've been through some very shit times

On 30/09/2021 at 09:43, Stevo985 said:

I went to see them last Friday night against Peterbrough.

Have to say they were excellent so I was surprised to see their result last night.

Good to see them stabilising in the Championship to be honest. They've been through some very shit times

Nope GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

On 03/10/2021 at 01:56, Villaphan04 said:

if they came up, it would be more interesting than the usual suspects (Bournemouth, WBA, Fulham, etc)

Agreed. They were always a top division team when i was a kid so I still think of them a bit like that (along with Forest, Sheffield Wed and even Luton!). 

O'Hare is doing well too. It was probably best for him that we released him as he needed his time in the Championship to develop. A bit like our departed number 10 did. 

Â