Coventry City

maqroll

14 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

The amount of bankruptcies and administrations this lot have had I'm surprised they aren't already FC City of Coventry 

There are a bunch of arseholes scratching around in the dirt claiming to represent something or other along those lines but they're homeless too.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They are in talks with the blosers to ground share sty Andrews. Two vermin clubs suited for one an other. 

Really? Hahahaa, a match made in Hades.

• 1 month later...

EFL statement

The EFL Board accepts that it may be asked on occasions to consider a temporary relocation as a means for securing a Club’s ongoing participation in the competition.

However, it remains firmly of the view that its Member Clubs should play in the towns and cities from which they take their name.

Despite ongoing discussions to keep Coventry City playing in the City of Coventry at the Ricoh Arena, an agreement has not been reached and as a result the EFL Board was faced with the real prospect of the Club not being able to fulfil its fixtures for 2019/20 season, which would inevitably have called into question the Club’s continued membership in the League.

This situation has placed the EFL Board in an unenviable position and as a result, it has reluctantly agreed to a ground-share option at Birmingham City’s St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium for 2019/20.

This is a decision that has not been taken lightly and it is regrettable that the parties involved have been unable to find a suitable and sensible solution. The EFL Board calls on all parties to resolve this matter at the earliest convenience for the benefit of the City of Coventry, the Club and people living in the local community.

A number of conditions have been placed on the Club to ensure progress is made in regard to finding a solution to getting the Club back playing in Coventry at the earliest opportunity including the payment of a £1m bond and a quarterly review in order for the Board to be updated on developments ahead of season 2020/21.

The EFL has also received an undertaking from the Club’s ownership that they will not put forward an application to the EFL Board to permanently relocate the Club to anywhere outside the Coventry area.

Fair play to the noses for allowing the groundshare so Coventry can at least fulfil their schedule while trying to fix the mess.

As a Wasps fan, I've been watching this whole sorry saga unfold for a few years now.

I don't know who's worse, SISU or their sad deluded apologists, such as Les Reid of the Cov Observer.

How the EFL have let  these leeches carry on wreaking  havoc at CCFC I don't know. They're poisonous in the extreme.

All they had to do was finally put up and shut up, but even that was too much for them. So they are now in bed with our neigbours!. Lovely.

TBF, the majority of Cov fans seem to be on Wasps and CCC 's side in this, but there are a few who are totally against them and pro SISU and they're the ones that seem most vocal.

Judging by posts on social media and Sky Blues fans forums, they'll be lucky to match Blues' reserves attendances let alone the first team.

11 hours ago, BOF said:

EFL statement

Fair play to the noses for allowing the groundshare so Coventry can at least fulfil their schedule while trying to fix the mess.

Both words removed, wonder who will go out of business first? Such joy :)

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So it's been confirmed that Coventrys home games will be when our home games are.

Gee that's going to really work well I'm sure there won't be any trouble.

It had to be. Villa and blues never play at home same weekend in league

I imagine we’ll see a situation where Coventry play at home on the Tuesday night, Small Heath will be away, we’ll play our home fixture on the Wednesday night.

Throw in the occasional live tv fixture taking place on a Sunday or a Monday, that should minimise the frequency of it.

Â