Coventry City

maqroll

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Agreed. They were always a top division team when i was a kid so I still think of them a bit like that (along with Forest, Sheffield Wed and even Luton!). 

O'Hare is doing well too. It was probably best for him that we released him as he needed his time in the Championship to develop. A bit like our departed number 10 did. 

I'm pretty sure that at the time they got relegated they were the team with the longest term in the top flight then. 

When you think some of the teams now considered goliaths of the game and it would be unthinkable for them to be relegated is seems weird that they had been on lower leagues more recently than Coventry. 

And with that in mind who would have thought they would be down so long. 

They're not coming up though. 

Edited by sidcow

My feelings about Cov have lessened somewhat over the years. Especially when they lost their ground and had to go to the sty

For balance imagine us losing villa park and then having to groundshare with Coventry.

They have been through alot and the fans and team are all pushing in the same direction . I am actually happy for them now . No team deserves what happened to them. They play exciting football with a manager that is really getting the maxumum out of them. 

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm pretty sure that at the time they got relegated they were the team with the longest term in the top flight then. 

When you think some of the teams now considered goliaths of the game and it would be unthinkable for them to be relegated is seems weird that they had been on lower leagues more recently than Coventry. 

And with that in mind who would have thought they would be down so long. 

They're not coming up though. 

Coventry got relegated the same season as City did

• Like 1

I’d be surprised if any Villa fan who’s had the Highfield Rd match day experience would want them to be successful. 
They’re like the irritating, spotty, four eyed ginger kid at school.

• Haha 2

On 04/10/2021 at 20:45, Robbie09 said:

I’d be surprised if any Villa fan who’s had the Highfield Rd match day experience would want them to be successful. 
They’re like the irritating, spotty, four eyed ginger kid at school.

Indeed.

Way too much misty-eyed arshlikan in this thread. Pass the sick bag 🤡

On 04/10/2021 at 07:50, Xela said:

Agreed. They were always a top division team when i was a kid so I still think of them a bit like that (along with Forest, Sheffield Wed and even Luton!). 

O'Hare is doing well too. It was probably best for him that we released him as he needed his time in the Championship to develop. A bit like our departed number 10 did. 

Watching him the other night he is like a Lidl Jack Grealish.

Plays in a very similar way (but obviously to a lower standard), and very little end product. 

That's not to say he's a bad player. he's one of their best, and when I saw them he played really well. But I think the Cov fans are dying him to add more goals and assists to his game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Are they back playing at the Ricoh or are they still playing in a car park somewhere?

They're at the Ricoh. Although it's not called the Ricoh any more. It's the Coventry Building Society Arena these days

(they still call it the Ricoh)

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm assuming Cov and SHA aren't on good terms either?

Must be fun for WMP when they play each other. 

They actually get on as well as fans of opposing clubs in the same league can really, something to do with the anti villa love in, and Cov's run playing at the Sty. 

My family are split pretty much 50/50 Villa and Cov, the Cov half are giddy at the moment, and can't really believe the table when they look at it. 

For what it's worth, in my experience of Cov fans in the last few years, their hatred of us has lessened and been superseded by that of Leicester. Being local and divisional rivals, and then one club going on to win the Prem will do that, I guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm assuming Cov and SHA aren't on good terms either?

Must be fun for WMP when they play each other. 

I don’t think SHA and Cov care about each other. They both hate Villa and that’s their lot. 

On 04/10/2021 at 20:10, MWARLEY2 said:

My feelings about Cov have lessened somewhat over the years. Especially when they lost their ground and had to go to the sty

For balance imagine us losing villa park and then having to groundshare with Coventry.

They have been through alot and the fans and team are all pushing in the same direction . I am actually happy for them now . No team deserves what happened to them. They play exciting football with a manager that is really getting the maxumum out of them. 

Getting kicked out of the Ricoh was entirely SISU's fault. They tried it on with Cov  council over the rent and with the Alan Higgs Trust over the training ground. 

Totally deserved. Shame for their fans, but when their ire should have been directed at their owners, they took it out on Wasps when they wouldn't have them back. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

What have they done now?

Didn't enjoy being goaded by the Derby fans after their equaliser - some went across the steward lines to go throw some punches and then a load waited for and chased a Derby lot when out of the ground.  Four officers injured at some point in the process.

Just now, bobzy said:

Didn't enjoy being goaded by the Derby fans after their equaliser - some went across the steward lines to go throw some punches and then a load waited for and chased a Derby lot when out of the ground.  Four officers injured at some point in the process.

Ffs… Neanderthal cretins! 

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Is it a rivalry? I dont know the geography that much

Even if it is its scummy

Â