West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

I really dont know why but i find it really strange how often parents are involved in transfers between adult football players. I could never imagine taking my mum to dinner with me to talk to my manager.

..but her early retirement wouldn't hinge on that conversation ;)

22m and they rejected it? He for me is worth 18m max

The stupid thing for the boggies is that the longer they drag their feet the less time they have to find a replacement

Spurs have no right to him. Albion can reject what they want and it's not only about what he's "worth". They might regret it, but they can.

Course they can but why reject a good offer (if it is indeed straight cash?)

No point keeping a unhappy player his value will just drop later on

The stupid thing for the boggies is that the longer they drag their feet the less time they have to find a replacement

Spurs have no right to him. Albion can reject what they want and it's not only about what he's "worth". They might regret it, but they can.

Er perhaps because they are holding out for more and will get it.

especially if Spurs draw another blank on the weeknd they might get more than they hoped for

A few lads have sold Kane in their fantasy league team so there's no chance he'll draw a blank :D

He's under contract until 2017 and if West Brom think they can get another season out of him and still get the best part of £20m for him next summer (and transfer fee inflation due to the new TV deal will be in full swing at that point) then more power to em I say.  He's a local lad, he only turned 22 a couple of weeks ago and he scored twenty goals last season.  If he were at the Villa I dare say we'd all want somewhere north of £25m for him in the current climate. 

I really dont know why but i find it really strange how often parents are involved in transfers between adult football players. I could never imagine taking my mum to dinner with me to talk to my manager.

Parents-as-representatives-or-agents have one huge advantage and one huge disadvantage. The advantage is, unlike actual agents, they genuinely have the best interests of your career at heart. The disadvantage is that they generally don't know what they're doing or talking about. 

• Like 1

There's a few posts talking about Baggies leaving it to late to find a replacement, this is Jeremy Peace we are talking about, I'm absolutely convinced that Rondon was signed with the knowledge that SB will be sold. Can't see them signing anyone else.

We should offer Kozak as part of the Berahino deal. Would do well under Pulis imo.

Good idea, just another £20m to find.

If its £25m they are holding out for we should offer £28m and Nzogbia.

especially if Spurs draw another blank on the weeknd they might get more than they hoped for

A few lads have sold Kane in their fantasy league team so there's no chance he'll draw a blank :D

I'm expecting a hattrick.

And, of course, Aguero will turn into the second coming of Van Wolfswinkel and miss 10 guilt edged chances while YaYa Toure turns into Barry Bannan

I quite admire WBA for their stance on Berahino.

There are 2 major things in play for them to make this stance though, 1 he still has 3 years left on his current deal and 2 he I only on £20k a week

If he had 2 years left on a 60/70k a week deal they would get rid, but its easy to keep him when he is paid a pittance (in pl footballers wages) and I tied to a long term deal

Edited by Jimzk5

Â