West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

He's ok. No way is he better than Guzan though.

The plummet of Guzan in the eyes of some Villa fans continues to baffle me.

I'd have Guzan, but only just. I think this is a classic case of talking about what are 2 very good goalkeepers and siding with one is interpreted as rubbishing the other, when in fact that's not the case at all.  IMO there's little to choose between them.

He's ok. No way is he better than Guzan though.

The plummet of Guzan in the eyes of some Villa fans continues to baffle me.

I'd have Guzan, but only just. I think this is a classic case of talking about what are 2 very good goalkeepers and siding with one is interpreted as rubbishing the other, when in fact that's not the case at all.  IMO there's little to choose between them.

I'd say it's a comfortable choice. But yes, I'm not rubbishing Foster. I think he's a good keeper. I just think the choice of Guzan is clear.

And I think we'd all have agreed pre that Man City game. Now after one mistake Guzan is suddenly not that great in many people's eyes, despite the fact he's hardly played since.

And I think we'd all have agreed pre that Man City game. Now after one mistake Guzan is suddenly not that great in many people's eyes, despite the fact he's hardly played since.

Actually, to Guzan's credit, he played a lot over the summer for the USA, and if his confidence was in any way shaken by the last few months of Villa's season then he didn't show it because he was back to his best by all accounts.  Strong character is one of the good intangibles.

I had a night out recently with one or two Baggies fans in attendance.

The small man syndrome was strong, it was amazing how 'football fans' who could barely name their own starting line up were so knowledgeable about Ligue 1 and the fact we have bought a load of shit.

'Villa will definitely go down this year'

How many times have I heard this the past 5 years, you can see your belief is we will go down or you fancy is....but it is always "definitely"

A real strange bunch who just can't look at anything Villa related impartially.

They are quite unbelievable most of them. I know of a family of 3 Albion fans who are realists and are proper football fans so to speak. The rest I have met are delluded and completely obsessed with us (this is 100% true no matter what they say). I thought the blunderland forum was the weirdest wackiest place I had been... But wba forum has got to trump that tbh.

They are laughable at best, 8 million pound James Chester over free transfer Micah Richards LOL Lambert decent goalscorer but is a mobile as my 75 year old nan. McClain got found out a month after breaking on the scene. Mcmanaman had a few good games in wigans fa cup run but has done nothing short of F all since then. Rondon is the only good signing they have made and that is only on paper. Who knows whether he can do it in stoke on a Wednesday night?

And yet they question our signings? Young players with bags of potential and known over Europe...

I really shouldn't let it get to me but I have to smash my head off a wall every time I hear the crap they spout...

Actually, to Guzan's credit, he played a lot over the summer for the USA, and if his confidence was in any way shaken by the last few months of Villa's season then he didn't show it because he was back to his best by all accounts. Strong character is one of the good intangibles.

Yeah, I was referring to playing for us as I imagine most of VT won't have watched the USA games so won't be able to judge him on that.

He performed admirably by all accounts though.

"They've wasted a lot of money on awful and overrated players this transfer window, long may it continue." - Tesco bag fan

Awful and overrated? Lololololol

in fairness its no different than what the football "experts" have described us 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"They've wasted a lot of money on awful and overrated players this transfer window, long may it continue." - Tesco bag fan

Awful and overrated? Lololololol

in fairness its no different than what the football "experts" have described us 

Overrated, most of us haven't heard of most of our signings before they turned up!

Reckon they could go down this year

They will survive because they will pick up results like they have done today.

a Pulis classic 0-0.

was today really a good result though? by sounds of it they were crap and a better team would have beat them easily

They were poor altogether yesterday even rondon had to go it alone. Berahino had a bad miss but he was the only player to come out with credit after the Citeh game. He probs got his eyes on his new big wage packet.... And some balloons...

Chelski up next for the boggies! Lets hope Mourinho has them on their A game :D

I they play like they did yesterday against at least 10-12 teams in the league then it's going to be a very looooong season for them.

Edited by leighavfc

Not necessarily. Our goals could be quite evenly spread across our front 6. Pulis sides will rely on a striker doing the lion's share with Brunt chipping in. We should score more but I'm not sure we'll have a higher top scorer. I think you should be praying Gestede becomes that animal :)

Not necessarily. Our goals could be quite evenly spread across our front 6. Pulis sides will rely on a striker doing the lion's share with Brunt chipping in. We should score more but I'm not sure we'll have a higher top scorer. I think you should be praying Gestede becomes that animal :)

My hope is berahino sees sense and pushes a move through. He kept repeating 'one word...RON-DON, one word RON-DON'. Such a shame he speaks so slowly it sounded like two!

not really true, only once has he had a player that got more than 10 league goals in a season in top flight. One season his top scorer had 5  :lol:

I would hope we have a player that gets at least 12 league goals

My hope is berahino sees sense and pushes a move through. He kept repeating 'one word...RON-DON, one word RON-DON'. Such a shame he speaks so slowly it sounded like two!

Rondon as in the player who hasn't scored a single goal in this league yet? Odd how everybody becomes an expert on Russian football as soon as their team signs a player from said league. 

Five words - ****-OFF-YAM-YAM-BASTARD.

• Like 1

not really true, only once has he had a player that got more than 10 league goals in a season in top flight. One season his top scorer had 5  :lol:

I would hope we have a player that gets at least 12 league goals

Yep that's all fair enough.  I was just responding to 'safe money' though and in a scenario where Rondon gets their goals, we're more likely to share them around.  That's all.  I would hope TCBR will be quids in.

Â