West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

It also shows that a good, well organised manager can take any bunch of players and make them into a team.

You can't look at WBA's squad and say it's honestly better than ours.

They have better strikers, Rondon, Berahino, Lambert is past it but might chip in with some goals later on in the season.

I agree their defensive and midfield options are very average but like his football or not, Pulis is one of the best at organising limited teams at premier league level and I respect him for that.

Let's hope Big Sam dosen't do the same at Sunderland.

Rondon has had a fair bit of criticism from baggies fans, and hes only scored twice hasnt he?

Anyway, West Broms biggest weakness is that they lack pace, which can be a killer in the premier league. However, as you both say Pulis is a smart organiser - he has been pragmatic and sets up his team to minimise the lack of pace by staying tight and compact, and grinding out tight games.

another 1-0 win, that's 4 1-0 wins so far isnt it? With a defence of James Chester and Craig Dawson ffs.

and no surprise they're starting to pipe up on social media again about how shit we are.

• 4 weeks later...

Scraped past 9 man Stoke, beat us with a lucky goal, beat Sunderland as Pantmillion dropped the ball onto Berahino's heel and beat Arsenal 2-1 despite one shot on target. I don't think their league position is reflective of their ability, they get lucky breaks and know how to shut up shop.

55 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Scraped past 9 man Stoke, beat us with a lucky goal, beat Sunderland as Pantmillion dropped the ball onto Berahino's heel and beat Arsenal 2-1 despite one shot on target. I don't think their league position is reflective of their ability, they get lucky breaks and know how to shut up shop.

West Brom's win against us was fully deserved. Better strikers, better defence and a pretty average midfield just like ours

55 minutes ago, Wainy316 said: Scraped past 9 man Stoke, beat us with a lucky goal, beat Sunderland as Pantmillion dropped the ball onto Berahino's heel and beat Arsenal 2-1 despite one shot on target. I don't think their league position is reflective of their ability, they get lucky breaks and know how to shut up shop.

West Brom's win against us was fully deserved. Better strikers, better defence and a pretty average midfield just like ours

Oh they did a brilliant job after they scored, it just took a pure fluke for them to do it.

He wouldn't, he would get us winning 5-6 games at VP over a few months in a season like he has done at Stoke and Palace no problem. Less so at West Brom for some reason where they've struggled at the Hawthorns but beating Arsenal will probably set them off.

Yes he dosen't play great football but what good football have we played in the last 5 years bar a couple of months of counter attacking that dosen't hugely rely on possession.

He'd manage fine. It's what he does. He's turned a team playing a reserve goalkeeper, a left-winger at left back and a centre back at right back into one of the meanest defences in the league. He's genuinely excellent at what he does. I understand why posters don't like it, but the reality is statistically he's one of the most successful Premier League managers ever, in terms of points gained/average squad wage. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Â