West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

No winners between berahinho and west brom. The player has made himself look a complete prick and the club have lost out on the thick end of £25million, for a player who is far far far from the real deal.

With that tweet he has lost any chance of a top club taking a chance on him due to his attitude. 

He may be disappointed but the adult thing to do would have been to put your head down, get in the team, play well and score ad thank your lucky stars you are a professional footballer and doing a job that most people dream about, 

• Like 2

I hope JP enjoys the moral high ground with his star player sulking and refusing to play.

It's wrong to roll over and let them go but it's part of the game.

Don't hate the player, hate the game :D

JP will win, esp. now that Berahino has foolishly -- from a legal standpoint, among others -- tweeted his intentions and motivations. Dumb move. He's fugged. Bench 'im and stop wages. I predict that Berahino's threats (to breach his contract) will last about 10 days.

With that tweet he has lost any chance of a top club taking a chance on him due to his attitude.

Sadly I can't agree, far far worse has been forgiven in the game of football.

In a few days time (maybe even earlier) I fully expect an apology (I was frustrated and acted immaturely, i apologise to all the fan's and promise to give my all for as long as I wear these great colours, blah blah) and all will be forgotten.

yeah im sure Odemwingie went back and played a few games.  West Brom struggle to score and he bangs a bucketload (in Pulis term thats 2 in 12) then fans wont mind

Worst I remember was Barton who hand in transfer request at City was booed for 1st half and then had a good game think won man of the match and they won 3-0 he got a standing ovation plus then withdrew the request. fickle all around :P

• Like 1

I hope JP enjoys the moral high ground with his star player sulking and refusing to play.

JP will win.

I don't agree. He'll have to move him on either in January or next summer and I bet it's a fraction of the £23m he could have had today. He'll be paying the same wages and be lucky if he can get him to break a sweat.

JP will win.

I don't agree. He'll have to move him on either in January or next summer and I bet it's a fraction of the £23m he could have had today. He'll be paying the same wages and be lucky if he can get him to break a sweat.

If the Baggies go down, he's be losing more than £23m. Tescos need points more than money right now.

Can you just imagine what a sullen little arse Berahino will be for the next 4 months if he doesn't get his move? He will stink the place out.

Well looks like I was right... and its still deadline day.

Good player no doubt but he really does come across as a right little arse wipe.

Can you just imagine what a sullen little arse Berahino will be for the next 4 months if he doesn't get his move? He will stink the place out.

Good player no doubt but he really does come across as a right little arse wipe.

He'll not sulk for long. Not many top footballers have it in them to do the opposite of what they love more than anything in the world. The game will call him back soon enough.

He'll not sulk for long. Not many top footballers have it in them to do the opposite of what they love more than anything in the world. The game will call him back soon enough.

He has never struck me as someone who was in love with the game.

BBC Sport's David Ornstein

"Some at West Brom encouraged chairman Jeremy Peace to find an agreement with Spurs counterpart Daniel Levy, even within the final hour of the window, but Peace refused.

"It is also understood that at no point in this saga did Peace give Tottenham a price that might secure the player, hence the prolonged chase and multiple bids.

"There is serious concern at West Brom about the effect this will have dressing room morale, with Berahino not in a state of mind to play and not one of the more popular figures among team-mates."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34121198

Rather sounds to me like Levy and Peace got into a pissing contest and nobody won.

Their dressing room will be an interesting place in the coming weeks.

22m and they rejected it? He for me is worth 18m max

The stupid thing for the boggies is that the longer they drag their feet the less time they have to find a replacement

Spurs have no right to him. Albion can reject what they want and it's not only about what he's "worth". They might regret it, but they can.

Course they can but why reject a good offer (if it is indeed straight cash?)

No point keeping a unhappy player his value will just drop later on

Er perhaps because they are holding out for more and will get it.

Er You was saying???

Now they have zero money and  a player that refuses to play for them. What a complete mess

BBC Sport's David Ornstein

"Some at West Brom encouraged chairman Jeremy Peace to find an agreement with Spurs counterpart Daniel Levy, even within the final hour of the window, but Peace refused.

"It is also understood that at no point in this saga did Peace give Tottenham a price that might secure the player, hence the prolonged chase and multiple bids.

"There is serious concern at West Brom about the effect this will have dressing room morale, with Berahino not in a state of mind to play and not one of the more popular figures among team-mates."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34121198

Rather sounds to me like Levy and Peace got into a pissing contest and nobody won.

Their dressing room will be an interesting place in the coming weeks.

Looks like Pulis wanted shot of him and dosen't have a club how he'd fit him into the team now with Rondon and Lambert in the mix aswell.

22m and they rejected it? He for me is worth 18m max

The stupid thing for the boggies is that the longer they drag their feet the less time they have to find a replacement

Spurs have no right to him. Albion can reject what they want and it's not only about what he's "worth". They might regret it, but they can.

Course they can but why reject a good offer (if it is indeed straight cash?)

No point keeping a unhappy player his value will just drop later on

Er perhaps because they are holding out for more and will get it.

Er You was saying???

Now they have zero money and  a player that refuses to play for them. What a complete mess

I agree its a mess, I predicted it was going to be last week when it became clear they weren't going to sell.

As for the post you are quoting, I gave a possible reason why they would reject the offer and to an extent I was right they were offered more, Spurs made two increased bids after that.

At no point did I say they were doing the right thing not selling.

I think he'll play and play pretty well. I think he plays reasonably well when he's in a sulk anyway.

Told you....

Haha! So you did! I came into this thread to confess my foolishness! :)

Having said that, I still think he'll play - he's a sulker, but he's trapped.

• Like 2

Â