West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

I think they might have screwed the pooch on this one.

The window closes very soon and I'm not sure Spurs will come back with another bid, they didn't with Benteke and I can see Levy doing the same this window.

Can you just imagine what a sullen little arse Berahino will be for the next 4 months if he doesn't get his move? He will stink the place out.

Don't play him if he acts like that then? They have a lot of striker options. If Berahino plays or acts poorly, then he doesn't deserve to play.

Then what was the point in keeping him? To make a point? That ship sailed a long time ago.

We are not talking about Gareth Barry here.

Don't play him if he acts like that then? They have a lot of striker options. If Berahino plays or acts poorly, then he doesn't deserve to play.

Then what was the point in keeping him? To make a point? That ship sailed a long time ago.

We are not talking about Gareth Barry here.

Well we are discussing a hypothetical situation that has not occurred. If he actually does do that, then ship him off in January, or keep him till he decides to man up and play again. 

I was continuing the hypothetical discussion. I fundamentally disagree with the notion that keeping him is their best course of action, though it is probably too late now.

If you have a player who has demonstrated so strongly that he no longer wishes to play for the club, in any capacity, then the very last thing you want to do is to keep that player. Not only will his performances suffer dramatically but there is only one way for his value to go. I cited Gareth Barry as an exception to the rule, though at no point during that saga did I believe he would down tools if he didn't get his way. He himself wrapped all that up in time for the season.

This is why the release clause works so well if implemented properly. It gives *just* enough power to the player (read agent) whilst maintaining the interests of the club. We got it spot on with Benteke whilst not so spot on with Delph, in neither case did Aston Villa lose in my opinion.

This Berahino nonsense is messy. Nobody wins. Just another case in the long line of Daniel Levy shit storms. He's not a good business man because nobody wants to do business with him. He has become a caricature of himself.

They really are a small time bitter bunch by and large, seems to have them foaming at the mouth because we just don't care about them as much as they do us. Pretty sure the admin of their forum, which seems to average one or two posts a day, has a quote about Villa as his signature, such a tinpot outfit.

Spoke to that baggies fan at work today (claims to be one of the ones who trashed the pubs when we played them last year) and hes getting tickets in the end with small heath for the cup game. They say they aren't obsessed?! Absolutely pathetic the lot of them.

Haha that is absolutely pathetic.

I mean, can you imagine a Villa fan getting tickets in the away end of West Brom vs Wolves?

Spoke to that baggies fan at work today (claims to be one of the ones who trashed the pubs when we played them last year) and hes getting tickets in the end with small heath for the cup game. They say they aren't obsessed?! Absolutely pathetic the lot of them.

Haha that is absolutely pathetic.

I mean, can you imagine a Villa fan getting tickets in the away end of West Brom vs Wolves?

Exactly what I said to him. I doubt id check the result let alone want to sit in the wolves end so I could unite with them in scumminess! Really sums them up.

I was continuing the hypothetical discussion. I fundamentally disagree with the notion that keeping him is their best course of action, though it is probably too late now.

If you have a player who has demonstrated so strongly that he no longer wishes to play for the club, in any capacity, then the very last thing you want to do is to keep that player. Not only will his performances suffer dramatically but there is only one way for his value to go. I cited Gareth Barry as an exception to the rule, though at no point during that saga did I believe he would down tools if he didn't get his way. He himself wrapped all that up in time for the season.

This is why the release clause works so well if implemented properly. It gives *just* enough power to the player (read agent) whilst maintaining the interests of the club. We got it spot on with Benteke whilst not so spot on with Delph, in neither case did Aston Villa lose in my opinion.

This Berahino nonsense is messy. Nobody wins. Just another case in the long line of Daniel Levy shit storms. He's not a good business man because nobody wants to do business with him. He has become a caricature of himself.

I basically agree with this. They've taken the John Stones situation and taken the wrong lesson from it. The lesson they should have learned is, you can only keep the player if he doesn't request a transfer. Everton may get away with it, but WBA definitely won't. 

Spoke to that baggies fan at work today (claims to be one of the ones who trashed the pubs when we played them last year) and hes getting tickets in the end with small heath for the cup game. They say they aren't obsessed?! Absolutely pathetic the lot of them.

no. hes a retard. the 99% of other fans are fine. If were going to start generalising all fans because of select few then literally EVERY fanbase is small time, retarded and pathetic.

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Â