West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

I think he'll play and play pretty well. I think he plays reasonably well when he's in a sulk anyway.

Told you....

Haha! So you did! I came into this thread to confess my foolishness! :)

Having said that, I still think he'll play - he's a sulker, but he's trapped.

You are probably right although if he does he will have to go back on what he has said, so will look a little foolish either way.

Exactly.

Er You was saying???

Now they have zero money and  a player that refuses to play for them. What a complete mess

He won't refuse. Young lad will get over the hurt soon enough.

He has never struck me as someone who was in love with the game.

You're right. "Love" hardly captures it. It's something deeper.

Edited by Plastic Man

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly.

Er You was saying???

Now they have zero money and  a player that refuses to play for them. What a complete mess

He won't refuse. Young lad will get over the hurt soon enough.

Indeed.

Well not in itself. But it's a(n I'll advised) change of tack because it's not a banter topic. Up until now his actions around his religious beliefs have made him controversial but at least consistent and he has been able to keep the higher ground through not retaliating or sometimes through eloquent explanation. While this is what he might call a light hearted jibe, Zatman is right that it draws attention to him and it's the first time it could be said that he has gone down a level. If he starts to stoop to the level of his lowest detractors then they'll beat him with experience.

• 5 weeks later...

Christ just looked at the league table (well top half as bottom half is too x rated) and this lot are somehow 8th, Zatman will probably call for all of their results to be annualled.

Anyway it does show you don't have to be anythin more than average to be around those areas, just too the bare minimum e.g keep clean sheets and have goalscorers like Berahino and Rondon in your line up.

It shows how appalling we are season in season out we can't even get close to that area in the league nowadays.

It also shows that a good, well organised manager can take any bunch of players and make them into a team.

You can't look at WBA's squad and say it's honestly better than ours.

They have better strikers, Rondon, Berahino, Lambert is past it but might chip in with some goals later on in the season.

I agree their defensive and midfield options are very average but like his football or not, Pulis is one of the best at organising limited teams at premier league level and I respect him for that.

Let's hope Big Sam dosen't do the same at Sunderland.

• Like 1

as for their squad they have players in important positions that would walk into our team and a better spine. McAuley, Evans, Fletcher, Yacob and Berahino. Only Richards and Gueye are as good

I would rather be 19th than have a manager like Pulis at the club, he is a poor mans McLeish who at least has silverware to show for his negative football

Well, you'll be able to enjoy this feeling of moral superiority from the comfortable position of a lower division next season. 

• Like 2

as for their squad they have players in important positions that would walk into our team and a better spine. McAuley, Evans, Fletcher, Yacob and Berahino. Only Richards and Gueye are as good

McAuely is about 36 is he not, WBA fans have been pretty critical on Fletcher this season, his best game was comfortably against us surprise surprise, Yacob's alright but get Sanchez just to purely defend and he could do just as good as job, I would've taken Evans.

Yaob is a dirty little bastard and what you need in midfield, cant remember last time we had one of them. McAuley and Fletcher might not be lighting up the league and bit over the hill but they are type of experienced leaders you need at this level.

Â